Which anime series have you ever double or even tripple dipped in your video collection?

I All!

I was looking at some of my video collection last night and I started to observe that I have quite a few anime series that I have in multiple formats. I still have all my Laser Discs, most of my VHS tapes, DVDs and Blu-Rays.

One title that I think was the only one that I quadruple dipped was "Gunsmiths Cats". I bought it on LDs first, but the OVA series was never finished in that format (the 3rd episode was never released). So, I finished it on VHS when it came out. Then, I bought it again on DVD when it came out. I recently just got the Blu-Ray version from AnimEigo, and it looks fantastic! "Oh! My Goddess!" went from subbed only LD, to Subbed and Dubbed LD, to DVD. "You're Under Arrest!", "Kimagure Orange Road" and the original "Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Oki!" OVA, I went from LDs right into DVDs.

I can list more later on. I just want to know if anyone else do and still own any particular anime titles in multiple formats?

Any double-dipping I've done (at least as far as anime is concerned) was between DVDs and Blu-Rays.  Here are the anime titles I've bought in both of those formats:

Akira

My Neighbor Totoro

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Spirited Away

Black Lagoon

Mobile Suit Gundam:  Char's Counterattack

Ninja Scroll (the movie)

Cowboy Bebop

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Nadia:  The Secret of Blue Water

Edited by Zeeba Neighba

My husband has double dipped on a couple but the only one I personally triple dipped in was Sailor Moon. I have the VHS, LDs, and DVDs and it's the only serious I still have where I've done that with. I have considered double dipping for Akira and some Ghibli movies but for now Sailor Moon remains my only one! I may consider getting the Blu-Rays for Sailor Moon but only time will tell!

• Like 1

I just remembered some more anime titles to add to my double-dipping list:

Wings of Honneamise:  The Royal Space Force

Vampire Hunter D -- Bloodlust

Howl's Moving Castle

The Castle of Cagliostro

Lupin III (the Red Jacket series)

Detroit Metal City

FLCL

Memories

Metropolis

Final Fantasy:  The Spirits Within

Chobits

Edited by Zeeba Neighba
On 2/13/2022 at 6:09 PM, Clutch said:
  • Video Girl Ai
  • Bastard!
  • All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl: Nuku-Nuku (original, not Dash)

For me, "Video Girl Ai" went from an S-VHS fansub tape (if that even counts), to DVD.

"Gunbuster: Aim for the Top!", I went from the original US. Renditions VHS tapes to the DVD box set that came out at around 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't go back far enough to have anime on VHS or LD. I bought Boogiepop Phantom as a DVD set back in the day and now I own it on Blu-ray. I'm probably going to do the same with Project A-ko and Otaku no Video at some point, maybe Bebop.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, Aresef said:

I don't go back far enough to have anime on VHS or LD. I bought Boogiepop Phantom as a DVD set back in the day and now I own it on Blu-ray. I'm probably going to do the same with Project A-ko and Otaku no Video at some point, maybe Bebop.

I saw how good the remastered "Project A-ko" looked during Otakon's screening last year.

I'm looking at more of my stuff and there are some Blu-Rays that I regret double-dipping. Reason because the picture quality on some of them was not much better than the DVD I replaced it with.  

Edited by Daniel Perales
My whole post appeared blank the first time I submitted it..