Payment options?

Question

I like to go to Orioles games and their stadium accepts only cards, you cant pay cash for anything.  WIll the convention center also not accept cash at the artist alley and dealers room?

6 answers to this question

Hello!

Not staff. Most dealers/artists accept both cash and card payments or just cash. I do not believe I have ever encountered a card-only booth in all the years of going, in both the artist alley and dealer's room. If they exist they are few and far between so I would say you are probably good to go!

What payments are accepted varies from booth to booth. That said, I've never run into a booth in dealer hall or artist alley that only accepted cards. Not all booths might not be able to accept card, either. In fact, most booths seem to prefer cash. I've noticed quite a few that will either give you a discount for using cash or will charge extra to use a card. Cash is king for the most part at Otakon.

Edited by Hainiryuun

I prefer to pay with cash, but with how things have been at stadiums and shows in Maryland, i wasnt sure.  Ive been to various baseball games and wrestling shows in Maryland all year and all the stadiums ive been to had been card only.  Wasnt sure if it was a stadium thing or Maryland thing.

7 hours ago, cards344 said:

Wasnt sure if it was a stadium thing or Maryland thing.

To me it sounds more like a Covid thing. There was an increase in "touchless payment" options this past year after all.

I don't remember if it was last year or the year before, but I went into one of the local coffee shops and placed and order. When I pulled out cash they said "we don't accept cash". I told them to cancel the order. However, I wondered if this is a trend down there. Was thinking about getting one of those pre-paid Visa cards to take with me for the trip.