The Otakon 2023 Guest Request Thread

Hey Otakon I have quite a list of voice actors I’d love to see get invited. Thank you in advance!

Zach Aguilar

Khoi Dao

Erika Harlacher-Stone

Patrick Pedraza

Laura Post

Mark Whitten

Alejandro Saab

David Matranga

Justin Briner

Clifford Chapin

Josh Grelle

Trina Nishimura

*Sorry didn’t realize I posted this yesterday, and now don’t know how to delete this one*

Hey Otakon I have quite a list of voice actors I’d love to see get invited. Thank you I’m advance!

Zach Aguilar

Khoi Dao

Erika Harlacher-Stone

Patrick Pedraza

Laura Post

Mark Whitten

Alejandro Saab

David Matranga

Justin Briner

Clifford Chapin

Josh Grelle

Trina Nishimura

Edited by Caroline

I feel Mangaka representation has been pretty low for the past 5 ish cons. Here are some names I’d like to suggest some that I think are reasonable for Otakon to be able to pull (aside from the last 2)

Bukimi Miki - author of SHY currently a break out hit and being published by  Yen Press. 

Takatsu Makoto - author of Season of Alabaster 

Makoto Ojiro - Author of Insomniacs After School and Chion and the Cat Temple. I would LOVE to see her come. 

Kanehito Yamada / Tsukasa Abe - writer and illustrator for Frieren Beyond Journey’s End. 

Ran Kuze - author of My Charms Are Wasted on Kuroiwa Medaka

Akihisa Ikeda/Akissa Saike(they changed their name) author of Rosario+vampire and currently working on a new manga Ghost Reaper Girl.

(Pipe dream) Akiko Higashimura - author of Princes Jellyfish and other break out Shojo works

(Pipe Dream) Mizuho Kusanagi - author of Yona of the Dawn.

Hello!  I would just like to say if you could get Zachary Gordon AND Alejandro Saab like both of them it would be the ultimate genshin panel of ultimate destiny and i would die of happiness on the spot.  Like either of them would be amazing but both would be SUPER FABULOUS

Austin Tindle

Brittney Karbowski

Troy Baker

Laura Bailey

Ray Chase

Wendee Lee

E. Jason Liebrecht

Matthew Mercer

Adam Gibbs

Scott Gibbs

Takehito Koyasu (i will always wish for this seiyuu to maybe finally meet him one day in person T_T )

There are SO many more but unfortunately I havent been much into the anime franchise in a while so a bit rusty with naming guests ^^; Here's hoping anyways, that this year will be a fun one!

• 2 weeks later...

Japanese:
Satoshi Hino 日野 聡 (Bilingual, would love to see him on a panel with his Hashira's English VA counterpart, Mark Whitten)
Ayumu Murase 村瀬 歩

English:
Mark Whitten
Erica Lindbeck
Liam O'Brien
Brian Drummond
Peter Cullen

• 2 weeks later...

Max Mittelman, Robbie Daymond, Ray Chase

Zeno Robinson

Stephen Fu 

Molly Searcy 

Dani Chambers 

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am requesting Maison B to be invited to OtaKon this year, as they are an extremely talented Japanese Hip Hop group, produced by legendary rapper KEN THE 390! I think that their performance would really excite Otakon visitors, and the members have expressed that they want to visit overseas to perform! (Plus, a lot of them speak English fairly well) I know inviting guests from Japan can be nigh-impossible due to travel, but I'm still requesting!

ttps://youtu.be/cdneOwZV8XY

I want to request Maison B for OtaKon 23! They're a Japanese Hip Hop group that are in the standard Boy-Group format, and I think they'd be very popular among congoers! Their performances wow audiences in Japan, and the members have expressed interest in performing overseas (As well as most of them speaking English or studying English).

https://youtu.be/cdneOwZV8XY

I'd like to see Shocker OH!NO! I didn't even know he did cons and all of a sudden he turned up at Momocon and I missed it.

For those who don't know who he is, he's a former tokusatsu stuntman with scattered voice roles in projects like DD Fist of the North Star and Perfect Blue. He got his stage name from no less a figure than Shotaro Ishinomori. He trains stunt actors, emcees events and is just deeply embedded in Japanese pop culture. I'd compare what he would bring to the con to Takamasa Sakurai.

• 3 weeks later...

After speaking with them Project Mouthwash the youtuber said if asked they'd love to attend Otakon. They work on all sorts of Abridged series on youtuber and also do voice acting in some anime.

Edited by Zelkova
  • 2 weeks later...

Been super busy the past year so not much time to idly request items, but I think it's important for people to know who are in demand!

Probably will save this year's list for next year's thread. So far the guest list is shaping up to be quite the production heavy list like last year. Not a bad thing, but weird to have all these Macross guests and no Walkure.

• 4 months later...

I think Makoto Furukawa would be cool! He is Saitama in OPM. Bands would definitely be One Ok Rock or Asian Kung-fu Generation or of the like. American side, I definitely wpuld love to see Cyyu, Nezzeh Tarsha, Benjamin Balmaceda and Mathew Mercer!

I can thing of so meny!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Please PLEASE some more mangaka representation. 

Kamome Shirahama - Author of Witch Hat Atelier, announced she was going to the Toronto Comic Art Festival this May, so she seems open to going to cons!! PLEASE ask. 

Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga author, went to Comic con last year and a bunch of Canadian cons. PLEASE ASK. 

Makoto Ojiro - Author of Insomniacs Afterschool, not sure if she would come but you could ask!!!

Akiko Higashimura - Author of Princess Jellyfish and plenty of other wonderful manga! 

Shuzo Oshimi - Author of Blood on the Tracks and many other fantastic horror-esq series!

Raiku Makoto - Author of Zatch Bell & continuing series Zatch Bell 2!

Moue Takamasa - Author of Akane Banashi!

Takatsu Makoto - Author of Season of Alabaster!

Kuze Ran - Author of Medaka Kuroiwa Is Impervious to My Charms! 

Miki Bukimi - author of SHY!

AND Studio Trigger (I know not a mangaka but still and industry guest...)

Edited by Pericles