Once again, the BBS is s - l - o - w to load

Question

3 answers to this question

To be honest there isn't much we can do when it's slow other than reboot the virtual server it sits on in AWS-land and hope that it starts behaving again. 

There is a software update coming out soon, so perhaps that will help?

10 hours ago, MattTheMinion said:

To be honest there isn't much we can do when it's slow other than reboot the virtual server it sits on in AWS-land and hope that it starts behaving again. 

There is a software update coming out soon, so perhaps that will help?

I have been dealing with a similar situation at work where a customer self hosts our application on their virtual servers. They built new virtual servers with Widows/SQL Server 2019. They started complaining about performance issues after running a massive Monthly job which generated hundreds of thousands of transactions. They were not monitoring their system, so our team was pulled in 2 days after to figure out what is happening. On the very first day of my involvement I asked them to check the virtual system (asked at least 3 times throughout the day). The 2nd day of the outage call I asked again. The 3rd day they brought in a member from one of our other teams who checked their piece and said "oh, this new server you built has half the CPU resources as the old one". Customer waffles for a while before getting their VM team to add more CPU allocation to the servers. As soon as they add it, low and behold, our application starts performing better. It only took a simple clubbing over the head to get them to check it.

In your case, the VM server hosting the web site is probably overcommitted and starving this web site for resources. When you run on shared VMs, you are at the mercy of every other VM running on the server. Some other site can be filling up all the drive space, hogging all the memory or CPU. I would put in a ticket and complain about slow performance and ask them to review the VM infrastructure for issues.