Anime NJ++ December 15-17, 2023 Hilton Woodcliff Lake, NJ: Anyone here going?

I tell Revan to check the guest list for any new convention. There have been a few that looked like vaporware, with no guests 4 Months before the date. Thought there was one convention which shut down the week before it was supposed to start. If you prepaid for admission, you take your chances. At some point, you saturate the market for anime/comic book/horror/sci-fi conventions.

I am planning on it, just figuring out logistics. It's not exactly in a major city and all that. I don't currently have anybody to room with so I'll probably grab an Airbnb nearby.

The con is being run by Media Blasters. John Sirabella has made it a pet project. Koichi Sakamoto never ever does cons. The last one I know for a fact he was at was Power Morphicon, waaaay back in 2007.

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, Aresef said:

I am planning on it, just figuring out logistics. It's not exactly in a major city and all that. I don't currently have anybody to room with so I'll probably grab an Airbnb nearby.

The con is being run by Media Blasters. John Sirabella has made it a pet project. Koichi Sakamoto never ever does cons. The last one I know for a fact he was at was Power Morphicon, waaaay back in 2007.

So Aresef, how was it?

Did you dropped by the Video room (that was my personal set-up)? 

20 hours ago, Daniel Perales said:

So Aresef, how was it?

Did you dropped by the Video room (that was my personal set-up)? 

I was in the video room only briefly. But the con was fine. The hallway and artist alley were a bit cramped and it could've used longer programming hours but the programming I saw was excellent.

I wish the venue were closer to civilization. It's surrounded by office parks and the only things in easy walking distance are a Panera, a burger bar and a Whole Foods. I spent a fair bit on Lyft to and from my Airbnb.