• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

>>> First post <<<

Seen loads of anime, but the saddest were really:

Chrno Crusade - the last episode... I really felt like crying

Full Metal Alchemist - A few sad episodes.

Inuyasha!! - When Rin asks Sesshomaru what he'll do when she dies, and the episode of a monk who regret having lost his life because of what he believed in

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

eugh. I cry way too easily.

-Chobits

-Sailormoon (YEAH. Sailormoon.)

-Elfen Lied

-Azumanga Daioh (don't ask how..those were happy tears xD)

-Peach girl (although that was a manga.. I cried a lot of times)

-Kite didn't make me cry, but it made me sad.

-Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon made me cry really bad xD

-Excel Saga made me cry, from laughter.

I can't think of any others right now...

Bawl like a baby? Chrno Crusade ending. Each and every freakin' time.

Sniffle? Fruits Basket, Momiji's episode. Haven't seen the Kenshin OVA yet although I know how it ends. I also admit to sniffling at Fushigi Yuugi a few times.

hmmm

Grave of the Fireflies

Wolf's Rain

there are quite a few others...but...I cant remember their names right now...Ive seen so many anime series.....

I think Weiss Kruez Gluhen was one....

• 4 weeks later...

I just had to let everyone know that i read the end of paradise kiss for the 15,000,000th time, and cried. Again. for the 14,999,999th time. (one time i was drunk and fell asleep immediatly afterwards, thus halting the tears).

huzzah ♥

wayyy too many. It doesn't take much to make me cry...

Rurouni Kenshin OVAs

Azumanga Daioh--when Sakaki finds Mayaa and Mayaa protects her from the other street cats...i was BAWLING. I cried the entire episode. (hangs head in shame).

Saikano

Voices of a Distant Star

I cried at the end of Fruits Basket manga, not so much the anime

Nana (various points throughout), but especially during the first live that Nana sees Ren

...and there's more, just can't remember...

I'm a sap, so I've teared up a lot...I think the most I've cried for a single anime was actually twice during Code Geass (anyone else seen it and cried :X). First at the end of episode 14, and then at the end of episode 23...that was just painful x_x

I also cried during parts of various Gundam series, Nana, Chrno Crusade, and...at the end of YuGiOh, only because I was upset that it was ending T^T

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big baby, and tear up at everything, but a few have made me full out BAWL.

Fullmetal Alchemist when...well, you know.

Naruto at Hokage's funeral and when Chouji 'dies'. ;-;

I was crying almost throughout the whole last episode of Ouran, not sure why, it wasn't too terribly sad; I guess I just didn't want it to end.

On a video game note: I cried when Aerith died. D:

I have to admit Naruto has brought me to tears many times, either because I found something to be really sad or really inspiring.

And then they throw in that damn flute. As soon as that flute would start playing I'd feel the tears welling up. Whether it was Sarutobi's little speech about Konoha whilst fighting Orochimaru or Naruto talking about his refusal to quit his dreams or even when Sakura tries to buy Sasuke and Naruto some time (Chuunin Exam arc - that's still a scene that's hard for me to watch) it never ever fails.

• 2 weeks later...

Death Note and FullMetal Alchemist T^T

Episode 25 of Death Note is by far the best and probably the most depressing episode of the entire series T^T. I swear I was in a real stooper the entire day after I watched it TT^TT

Various episodes of FMA make me teary eyed...but mainly the part when Nina died and when Maes Hughes died T^T yup...

• 3 weeks later...

Cried three times during Fruits Basket--the episode with Hatori's backstory, the episode with Momiji's family, and the last bits with Kyou.

Cried twice during Trigun, during the flashback episode with Vash, Knives, and Rem, and with Wolfwood (and, for the record, actually flinched and whimpered when Zazie got shot, but that doesn't count).

Cried during the final episode of Cowboy Bebop. Luckily, dad had recorded it, 'cause we had to pause the tape due to my sobbing.

Cried during Wolf's Rain, and multiple times during Fullmetal Alchemist.

When I was little, the episode of Pokemon where they found the colony of Pikachu and Ash tried to give up Pikachu so it could live with them and be happy and Pikachu came back to him? That made me bawl. So did the first movie. :oops:

If it counts, I've cried reading more recently released chapters of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles. I mean, it's always pulled at my heartstrings, but whoa.

The flashback scene in Gravitation after young Eiri shoots Kitazawa, and Tohma finds him, and Eiri starts scream-sobbing... I don't remember if I cried but that just REALLY HURTS to listen to and makes me absolutely distressed.

I am actually sort of avoiding Grave of the Fireflies because I'm SURE it will make me sob, and that makes me shy away from it because there's only so much depressing things I can take, and eurgh.

I am a little crybaby. :roll:

I think a better question would be which anime HASN'T made me cry. I am seriously a crybaby, and I get pulled so deeply into a show and its characters, the struggles they go through and their relationships with each other that I can't help but get dragged down with them.

Off the top of my head, though:

-Fullmetal Alchemist

-Fushigi Yuugi

-X TV

-Wolf's Rain in spite of my confusion... it was one of those "WHYYYYYYYYYYY???" cries

-Cowboy Bebop, and "Blue" never fails to make me get teary-eyed even today

-Naruto

-Ai no Kusabi (>.>)

-Trigun

-Escaflowne... why can't they ever stay? u.u

-Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge

Okay I'll stop there. Damn shows! T___T

To be perfectly honest no anime or manga volume has made me cry yet. That’s not to say it won’t happen but the only animes that I could think of that came close were (or should come close are) Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket.

I personally thought episode 3 of Nadesico was also very sad/depressing.

The last half of Kannazuki no Miko hurt like hell. That anime is brutal, the first half is so light and cheery, but then just as soon as you've gotten attached to the characters... The last two episodes, especially.

I have been watching Eureka 7 over the past two months and just finished. I had to of cried at least five or more times during the process. But i am in a emotional state so everything is heightened.

Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and an episode or two of Naruto. But most of all, Wolf's Rain had me bawling nearly the whole time the last handful of episodes. I heard Miyazaki's film, "Grave of the Fireflies" is supposed to be a real tear-jerker, but I never saw it.

Geez, I'm a sap.

Let's see I've cried over a couple of animes.

- Full Moon wo Sagashite. (The ending was so sweet)

- Full Metal Alchemist

- Fruits Basket (I cried over the ending of the manga, it wasn't really sad I was just sad that it ended.)

- Chrno Cross

Oy, you guys are making me think I should finally get around to watching Fruits Basket...

I remember crying at some point in Final Fantasy VII--and no, not the point you're thinking of. The death of Aeris I can take or leave; it comes out of nowhere, it's sloppily directed, and it's wedged into the narrative between ten minutes of snowboarding and that annoying bomb-detonation treasure hunt game.

Actually, ashamed as I am to admit it, I cried at the scene in the Temple of the Ancients when Cait Sith sacrifices his toy body so everyone else can escape. I know--I'm a sap. Or rather, I was a sap--this was a long time ago. I don't know what it was about that scene that got to me; probably the overall effect of listening to the solemn music while Cait dances around talking about how "There's plenty of stuffed toys like my body around, but there's only one me!"

As far as anime proper is concerned, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything. I think I remember beginning to cloud over during Aoshi's redemption scene in Rurouni Kenshin, or during the battle between Sanosuke and Anji, but I don't think I actually cried in either of those situations.

Grave of the Fireflies definitely. Madlax was another one towards the end when a couple characters got killed who I had gotten rather fond of.

El Hazard (OVA) always gets me. Right at the end. Good crying. I still love that series after all these years.

I know there's been a couple others but they're not coming to me at this early hour of the morning. @.@

Grave of the Fireflies is the only anime to have made me cry. And man, what a crazy catharsis THAT was. That being said, some other Ghibli films have definitely come close.

[EVA SPOILER!!!!]

When Gendo explains that he really loves Shinji but could never expect Shinji to love him and we understand how similar they really are and that everything Gendo has done is because he is weak and needs Yui... that's very powerful. Didn't make me cry, but it definitely made me sad.

[/EVA SPOILER!!!!]

This might sound weird, but I got a little misty-eyed when I saw the light filtering through the water gun onto Ninamori's face in FLCL. It's so beautiful and I guess it fills me with nostalgia for the seemingly simpler times of my childhood... the whole series does that to me, really, but that scene in particular pulls at my heartstrings.

http://kidfenris.com/flclnew7.jpg

... here goes. Let's see if I can recall them all:

Air

Escaflowne

Fushigi Yuugi

Bokura ga Ita

Aishiteru ze Baby

Asatte no Hokou

Binbou Shimai monogatari

Cowboy Bebop

Da Capo

DCSS(I think... it sucked so badly i cant remember...)

Genshiken(not because I was sad... xDDD)

Seed Destiny(yes yes... I cried for Stellar)

Hikaru no Go

honey and clover 2

Kanon

Kasimasi

KGNE

Mai Otome(Aoi-chan x.x)

Maria-sama

Sailor Moon

Saikano

NHK

Ai Yori Aoshi

Angelic Layer

CCS

Elfem Lied

Fruits Basket

Full Moon wo Sagashite

08th MS Team

Onegai Twins

Stellvia

Probably some others as well. Im one of those people who tend to have some tears at the end of a really good anime, simply because it's over. I can't remember all iof the series that have made me jerk some tears. I also tend to lose it over death scenes, at least for characters I like.

Saikano. No anime/movie/book/whatever has done that before or since. I was about to cry around the middle of the series, but I held it in. Then I finished it, and everything that I felt was so sad just rushed back in me and I couldn't help but cry. I laugh now (at myself), but I was dead serious at the time.

There was one scene in Death Note that ALMOST made me lose it. Those of you who have seen the anime or read the manga will doubtless know what I'm talking about, no need for spoilers...

Good call on Cowboy Bebop, too - didn't make me cry but I definately got attached to the characters, so I can understand.

• 3 weeks later...

Very easy to answer: Ayashi no Ceres. I wouldn't stop crying throughout the series.

Sometimes, Naruto can make me cry as well, especially when I see Naruto longing for the closeness that a parent and child have, something he never had. As a mother, I feel for him, so I end up crying.

Fullmetal Alchemist. Vic is just so good he makes me cry...and the dub of One Pieces makes me wanna cry because of how badly they butchered it. :evil: Inuyasha used to make me cry, but that was because I was horribly lonely and thought I'd never get a boyfriend. Me drama mostly... -_- Now I don't cause I've got a nice boyfriend...weee!

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already but...

Planetes

I just finished the series last night and it is one of those series that always had me feeling something very stong. It made me laugh, worry, think, get that warm feeling you get when you truly think about the word 'love," and of course, I wiped more than a few tears from my eyes.