What animes have made you cry?

Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain are the only anime that made me cry.

FMA- It is the episode where the guy (i forget his name) turns his girl and dog into a chimera and also the episode where Maes is killed. I cannot watch the part of his funeral because of his daughter's words.

Wolf's Rain- It has to be the last 4 episodes. To have each of the main characters die/get killed one by one like that really gets to me.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, its hard to admit something like this. *sighs*

the old school SatAM, when sonic thought that his uncle chuck was permanently roboticized (but he was not yay! :D)

and ughh i can't believe i am admitting this.....Kare Kano... made me weep A LITTLE when arima thought that his girl friend wanted to break up with him.... you did not hear this from me though

-Sailor Moon "A Crystal Clear Destiny" the up/down/up/down feeling of this episode had the 7 year old me as a wreck by the end, Darrien (yes Darrien) finds out Serena is Sailor Moon, he reveals himself as Tuxedo Mask. OMG ALl the Rainbow Crystals. OMG SILVER CRYSTAL! OMG SERENA IS THE PRINCESS!!!!!!! OMG THEY GOT DARRIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention having MY Only Love playing the whole way through was just great.

-Pokemon "Bye Bye Butterfree" episode. I loved Butterfree, I mean it was the first pokemon Ash caught, I loved that guy...in my head I had an awesome idea for him to return to way back when.

-Digimon "The Fate of Two Worlds" So sad to see it all end (not knowing there would be a season 2) though the scene with TK and Patamon was quite theraputic.

-Digimon "A Millon Points of Light" Once again sad to see it all end (while there was a season 3, it was not in the same universe) such a great way to end it all, I coudn't help but have a tear come to my eye.

Granted the above all can be attributed to the fact that I was still a pre-pubescent kid. There is only one anime the the mature me has cried over.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien aka Rumbling Hearts "Mayai's Gift" I came close many times to crying during this series, holding back mainly due to not wanting to cry in public (watched the episodes on my PSP on the hour ride home from school, I don't want to cry then) but the last episode did it, all alone, finishing the episode which didn't end the way I wanted, but still being great. Then listening to some sad music just got the works flowing.

Dude, I cried on Cowboy Bebop, "The Real Folk Blues Pt. 1 & 2", on Naruto on different episodes, and a few others that I can't always remember the names.

<---- ridiculously emotional, I get it from my mom, I think it's in the genes... I've had tears if not cried on pretty much any sappy lovey-dovey or tragicly sad moment in too many animes to count or even begin counting

/flex

• 5 weeks later...

I cried at the end of Kikaider...

I was 12 (or 13) when I caught the last episode in Florida, and it made me kind of sad...

That and the death of Maes Hughes

Sailor Moon - When Sailor turned out to be the princess and they were like "I love CHUU!" And Queen Beryl was like "YOINK! YOUR MAN IS MINE". And fled. I cried so hard (hey gimme a break, my first anime! age 13)

Fushigi Yuugi - They killed Nuriko. I cried and destroyed people after that.

Grave of the Fireflies - I went so emo...

Ninja Nonsense - I LOLed so hard I cried...

i forgot to add Eureka 7 to that list (when Renton decided that he needed to bail out of Gekkostate because he thought Eureka didn't like him, also when Renton thought that he found his "new" parents. oh and also! i caught a serious case of the warm fuzzies when (****HUGEEEE SPOLIER ALERT****) the nirvash type zero transformed into that super ultra mech thingie lol. and renton was just standing in it like a badass all like "hold on Eureka, i got your back!" *gets the warm fuzzies again*

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well since I posted last there are a few more animes that got me teary eyed...

Gundam Seed - This one I find rather strange because I openly disliked the character who's death made me cry! I guess for me it's not so much *who* dies, but how they do the scene. In this particular case I was bawling like a baby...

FMA Movie - At the part where Wrath and Izumo reunite *sniffle*

Blood+ - I teared up several times during this series...and not just at character deaths. There were just so many scenes that hurt my heart!

Well I think that's it...for now...

i have another one to add.. why am i so emo when it comes to anime? well the new one that i am adding is School Days. watch it and love it!

Wait.... you cried at the end of School Days? o__O Did you see the last episode?

• 2 weeks later...

I never cry with anime - but I do get emotional with some shows and manga.

I did however cry with the last episode of fushigi yuugi, the nuriko episode, the hotohori episode near the end, and episode 25 of death note

Edited by Duelistbluerose
-Sailor Moon "A Crystal Clear Destiny" the up/down/up/down feeling of this episode had the 7 year old me as a wreck by the end, Darrien (yes Darrien) finds out Serena is Sailor Moon, he reveals himself as Tuxedo Mask. OMG ALl the Rainbow Crystals. OMG SILVER CRYSTAL! OMG SERENA IS THE PRINCESS!!!!!!! OMG THEY GOT DARRIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention having MY Only Love playing the whole way through was just great.

-Pokemon "Bye Bye Butterfree" episode. I loved Butterfree, I mean it was the first pokemon Ash caught, I loved that guy...in my head I had an awesome idea for him to return to way back when.

• 2 weeks later...

FMA - When Maes died, when Scar died and in the movie when Wrath and Izume reunited beyond the gate.

Cowboy Beebop - Last Episode

Ghost in the Shell SAC - Last episode of the first season. The tatchikomas sacrifice themselvs to save Batau. The one tatchikoma says "Goodbye...Mr. Batau." and a teardrop of oil seeps from its "eye" before using its own body to destroy an armed suit. I's just awful when cute things die.

Heh where do i start on this ><

FMA - maes dying and the little girl turning into a chimera

Chrono Crusade - at the end of the series

Yu Yu Hakusho - When genki died

Kenshin - when i thought kenshin was dead

there are more but i cant remember them heh must've been a while ago

Alright well....

Of course Grave of the Fireflies I mean who couldn't cry in that....

Death Note made me bawl.

Haha the first pokemon movie XD

and I beleive Fruits Basket...It is emotional pshh..and I think somehow it like hit something in my mom and I where at the same time we started choking.

Those are the only ones I beleive.

I guess a few naruto and bleach episodes, Cowboy Bebop, Kikaider *god his identity crisis TT^TT* Sailor Moon, hmm.....oooo the pokemon episode where Pikachu was about to leave ash XD. The ending episode of Azumanga Daioh. I don't know how but it just makes me feel so...nostalgic...even though I'm not that old. Uh...Spirited Away and The Graveyard of the Fireflies made me cry. Spirited away because it makes you realize how you take things for granted. TGOTF...well that one is an obvious one

• 1 month later...

I never really cried at an anime. Iv always feel sad. I must be a man then cause its hard to cry about that.

I did feel very sad for Light. (the last episode)

Also Blood+

When Riku got raped then died and then he got smashed to bloody pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new one to add.

Blood+ 2nd to last episode. Just so freaking sad. AS premieres the last one next week. Getting tissue box ready.

I rarely cry during anime....Do I get shocked? Yeah... heartbroken? Most often... actually shedding tears? close to never.

So far, I have only cried during three series:

The end of Cowboy Bebop

The end of Serial Experiments Lain

The last few episodes of Gurren Lagann

CT

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is ancient, but I thought I would search for this topic before I had decided to create a new one about it.

That being said, I just got done watching the last episode of Bebop again, and it really always gets me.

Then again, as pathetic and sad as this is going to sound.... I'm a complete sucker for inspirational and touching scenes in general... And have even teared up to scenes in Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Only bawled my eyes out during Samurai X, though.

Edited by The Last WaltZ

Anime would be FMA when mayes died.

Manga is Gunslinger Girl vol 9 when Angelica died.

the frame where there's an explosion and she's standing in front of her handler with her arms out. Later the other girls are out star gazing and Angelica starts reciting the pasta story that her handler had made up when they first met.

Anime that I always still even get teared up at (even though I've seen them like a million times over and over!)

AIR TV Of course. I get so into the plot and such I tear up at the end of almost all the serious episodes.

I cried a bit at the end of toradora but it was happy tears not sad ones xD

FMA when the little girl was turned into a chimera and in so much pain that Scar put her out of her misery.

Kanon episode when the fox girl dies.

Yea there's a couple of others but I can't think of them at the moment ^^;; AIR is a big one though I love that anime to death ^^;

Three words...CLANNAD: After Story...

Woooooow!

So I am standing at my bus stop with my iPod on shuffle at like 5:30am waiting for my bus so I can get to work in DC and the OP theme of Clannad ~After Story~ comes on. As soon as the opening melody kicks in, I think of Nagisa tilting her head and smiling. It gave me such fierce goosebumps I felt a tear coming.

Clannad is so manly! I love it!

hmm...

- Angel Beats episode 10 made me bawl, but the ending sucked.

- Sonic X episodes 51 and 52... don't judge me lol

- In Alien Nine (the manga) when (spoiler) Kasumi gets eaten by the Yellow Knife and the Yellow Knife broadcasts her loneliness. Really dumb thing to cry at, but I related.

I cried in:

- Sailor Moon (everyone dies then comes back 2 life, but it was soooo sad)

- Code Geass (spoilers and ending)

- Grave of the Fireflies (T________________________T)

- Negima! [First Season] (I'm such a loser)

- FMA (spoilers!)

- AIR TV

- Clannad

- Kanon 2006

- Kimi ni Nozomi Eien

- Full Moon wo Sagashite (ending)

- Air MOVIE

..............I'm a loser T______________________T

Inarguably the anime that made me cry the absolute most was Millenium Actress.

Also:

Naruto: Shippuden. Some character deaths really got me upset (I still am). A lot of other parts are really sad too.

Fullmetal Alchemist. Nuff said.

Rurouni Kenshin

Sakura Cardcaptors - was one of the first series I saw when I was younger and the ending really made me sad.

Edited by windseeker
I cried in:

- Sailor Moon (everyone dies then comes back 2 life, but it was soooo sad)

- Code Geass (spoilers and ending)

- Grave of the Fireflies (T________________________T)

- Negima! [First Season] (I'm such a loser)

- FMA (spoilers!)

- AIR TV

- Clannad

- Kanon 2006

- Kimi ni Nozomi Eien

- Full Moon wo Sagashite (ending)

- Air MOVIE

..............I'm a loser T______________________T

Simoun

It gets me every time. I've seen the series through twice and there's a part toward the end, around episode 18-19 where everything just feels so darn hopeless and lost that it makes me break down. I can't help but cry and I'm not usually one to cry over anime.

• 2 weeks later...