What animes have made you cry?

hmmm... chocked up or cryed over... hmmm... well im a sap and a sucker for sadness so yeah... lets see...

WieB kreuz: when the whole Omi/Ouka incident happens... Damn Schwarz!!! actually alot of parts in this series made me shed a tear...

Grave of the FireFlies:... i mean come on! anyone who didnt cry at the end of this one is too hard for there own good!

FMA: ive only gotten up to episode 8 *plus random other episodes* but even this early its getting to me! poor lil girl... poor doggie....

Trigun: wolfwoods death... enough said...

Robotech: the ending of course! damn rick hunters lucky...

there are a ton of others... but sadly i got to figure out how to put an avatar on this fourm... cause whatever im trying aint workin! and its driving me crazy! haha... err... YEAH! *any help would be great!*

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenchi Forever. Ryoko is my favorite character and it centers around her so much. I feel so bad for her.

Blue Seed. The very end when they save Japan.

Something about sacrificing oneself for the good of others and unrequited love gets to me. ^_^'

Thank god no one has said Dragon Ball Z yet.

Grave of the Fireflies (at the end)

Now and Then, Here and There (don't hate your baby speech)

Spirited Away (when the River Spirit remembers it's name, when Chihiro is "tested", and at the very end when she looks back)

yes, for those three! And definitely YES for numero uno! My god! that anime is sooo touchy. Yet...not that bad (in my opinion)...it's quite good.

The scenes that actually really tears me out is...when the sister is dying. Man! it really touch my sensitive side! (hahaha...like i have one...well, yes...indeed i do...hehehe) And I thought I'm da only guy who cried coz that anime...hahaha...

• 2 weeks later...

I've never cried so much to a series as I did with AIR TV. Only thing close enough to those waterworks was Grave of the Fireflies.

I admit it. I enjoy Sonic X. I cried over episode 50 and episode 77. (52 didn't make me cry because I accidentally found spoilers on exactly what the last part was.) (Oh, and I only came close to crying - I didn't actually -cry-.)

I don't cry about much, either. Sonic X really was the only anime that's made me cry.

So far.

I've never actually broken down in tears, but there is one scene in particular that always gets me right (punches chest) here...

Macross - Do You Remember Love. At the end, in the final battle, when Minmay is singing Ai Oboete Imasu Ka, and Britai and scores of Zentradi defect mid battle to support the Macross, and defend culture. There's just something about the beauty of the artwork coupled with the beauty of the song, and then they ram it home with the whole joining forces against a common foe thing. *sniff*

I have to raise my hand for Fruits Basket as well. Wolf's Rain was a close one but I was too confused at the time, and not really sure I was actually watching the end of the series. This is going a while back, but I'm also pretty sure I was misty-eyed at the end of Hana Yori Dango. And Fushigi Yuugi. Yeah, I cried a lot toward the end of that one.

Hm... there might be more, but it all starts to blend together after a while.

• 3 weeks later...

- Grave of the Firefly's is definatly the saddest anything anime or not I've seen, depressing but thought provoking and in general a great movie. The first words, "September ?? 19?? That was the day I died" definatly deppressing from beginning to end.

- Yep, Fruits Basket as well was a tear jerker... in the episodes with Hitori, Momiji, and Kyo. (((Akito is a pure bitch!)))

- Samurai Champloo, at first I didn't care much for this anime but then I decided to give it a secound chance and I watched it last night and saw the epi. "A Risky Racket" very sad.

- Wolf's Rain made me cry

- Inuyasha (((Though I'd hate to admit it... unless it was Miroku dieing or somthing... I dont care too much for Inuyasha, Kigome, Sango, and most of the other characters on there except Miroku, Kirara, or Koga... maybe Sesshomaru and Rin))))

- Yu Yu Hakusho (((Hey if you saw the episode of Hiei and Mukuro you'd cry too...)))

- Sailor Moon (((That was a long time ago like when I was 11.)))

Oh geez... I'm gonna look like a loser, but.. ^^;;;

Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2

Cardcaptor Sakura, the SERIES (yea... ^^;;;; )

Saikano (major crying here ;_; I won't give away what made me cry the most, as it's a major plot point)

Devilman Lady

AMON: Apocolypse of Devilman (I didn't bawl, but the tears did well up. Poor Miki)

Cowboy Bebop (.... yea.. The man-lady scene made me cry, every episode where Spike almost dies made me cry, and the episode where everyone is leaving made me cry. ;.; )

Digimon made me cry, too (SHUT UP! <.< >.> )

FullMetal Alchemist

Rurouni Kenshin OVA made me just about bawl. ;.;

Nadesico had a sad part near the end

Pure Mail made me well up a bit..

Ditto for Genmukan (but, but, she was such a cute little faerie girly ;.; )

EYES of Mars was pretty sad

X - the movie

Mononoke Hime made me cry a bit, the poor woofy demon!

Bronze: Zetsuai since 1989 - the part where he's wandering in the snow.. And, well, the whole thing actually.. -.-;

Elfen Lied - Why Nana, she was such a sweetie! ;_; I want the OVA, damnit. Okay, yea, and everytime Nyu-nyu cried I did too, almost. XD

I yelled at Wolf's Rain when all those puppies were dying. I can't buy the pretty boxset just because I know that I'll buy the DVD's but never watch them again because of how sad they are. ;_; Yea, I just about bawled....

Am I now dubbed the official cry baby of Otakon? o.O; There are more anime that I can't think of right away that made me cry, too.

I've cried during a good amount of anime's ^^

-Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

-Full Moon wo Sagashite

-Fancy Lala

-X TV

-Saikano

-Fushigi Yugi

-Ayashi no Ceres

-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

-Rurouni Kenshin OVAs

-Sorcerer Hunters

-Excel Saga (and not from laughing! It was the ep towards the end of the series w/ the whole shooting and amensha thing...)

...I did not cry over the Fruits Baskets anime thought, I was about to throw the last DVD out of my bedroom window b/c I thought the 2nd to last ep was the last ep and I got really mad at the DVD ^^;;...I did cry when reading the manga thought ^^...Other then that, I think that's it ^^;;

I honestly have to think real hard on this one....I rarely cry. I get that feeling like I want to cry but I just don't. Let's see.....

Fruits Basket...when talking about Momiji's mother. I didn't cry at the end however...like most people say that's when they did.

Bah...I'm not awake yet so that's all I can think of at the moment.

OH!! I can hold a ranking for cry baby!

I sobbed incoherently for Samurai X *and also at the end of the Rurouni Kenshin series, but not like at the end of X...*

I cried a couple times in Fruits Basket! for a number of reasons....

Escaflowne the TV series made me cry..

when Millie lost Wolfwood in Trigun I cried

Miaka & Tamahome...

Aya & Touya... YUU WATASI makes me cry...

Samurai Deeper Kyo made me cry when I realized that only one would live.. **I hadn't read the manga when I saw the anime and the manga has also made me cry...**

Ranma 1/2 made me cry in the OVA....

That's just off the top of my head... not even touching the tears I shed for Hana Kimi, Saiyuki, and so many other mangas... WAH I'm such a bawl baby!

I love when a story can touch my heart! It makes me so happy even if I'm sad... Mahiru

I've never actually cried while watching an anime, but I had tears in my eyes when they were explaining why Akito's so... Akito in Fruits Basket (he's my favorite character =3; ). Also, the scene where Nuriko died in Fushigi Yuugi had me sniffling and blinking like mad, and, though I'm pretty sure it's not an anime, the manga Boys Next Door rips me apart emotionally. Ish so saaad, though. ;-;

I still have the last DVD to see of Figure 17, but that one part dealing with the classmate, it was more of a punch to the chest shock than tear inducing. BTW, the Kyo teary part in Fruits didn't involve a death, just his rejection/non-acceptance by his mother. Same with the Momiji part.

• 2 weeks later...

sailor moon, when I was like 14 and watching it for the first time around, and darien went evil and serena was saying "it's our locket, don't you remeber? all you have to do is touch it"

...I was bawing... :cry:

Lain made me cry at the end too...

I cry in alot of anime, so much so that most of my friends don't like watching it with me. Off the top of my head:

Fruits Basket

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Grave of the Fireflies

Princess Mononoke

Sailor Moon

Tenchi Universe

Ah! My Goddess

And so many more....

Oh and guys can cry...hell I cry more than my girlfriend does.....

Chobits. I think the 6th dvd and the 5th. (The 7th was a waste of my time but I watched all of it so I could see the gang all together, parting paths. The 2 seconds of them saying their adu's really made me sob.)

Flcl. When Naota says I love you to akslfjdkasdfhjfks ^_^

Uhm.. any romance period will make me cry. Sad how I can't think of anything else I've seen..

• 2 weeks later...

Valley of the Wind (have on DVD in Japanese and English) and Grave of the Fireflies (only seen in Japanese w/ English subtitles at the moment) Their right about Grave of the Fireflies that movie is truely moving, it even won an award in Japan I think when it was release for being so realistic in its impact to people.

Full Metal Alchemist. Especially Episode 3, "Mother".

To be honest, though very action packed at times, I think every episode has at least one part in it that just makes you wanna cry your eyes out.

Nonetheless, a superb anime. :)

I've never actually cried while watching an anime, but I had tears in my eyes when they were explaining why Akito's so... Akito in Fruits Basket (he's my favorite character =3; ). Also, the scene where Nuriko died in Fushigi Yuugi had me sniffling and blinking like mad, and, though I'm pretty sure it's not an anime, the manga Boys Next Door rips me apart emotionally. Ish so saaad, though. ;-;

The seocnd or third "Tenchi Muyo" movie.. "Tenchi in Love" I think?

I'm not exactly *into* mushy emotional roller-coster animes.. but if you don't cry after

watching "Tenchi In Love", you aren't human =P

Also, every OAV of "The Slayers" that involves "Naga the White Snake" has made

me cry.. for other reasons =P

-Fushigi Yuugi. I sobbed for HOURS after I saw the end of the TV show.

-Full Metal Alchemist - many, many reasons, especially ep 25.

-A very touching episode of Doremi. You didn't need to have it subbed to know what was happening...

I have not seen Grave of the Fireflies for the very reason that I would be an emotional train wreck after seeing it.

• 2 months later...

It wasn't the anime, but after just reading in the manga the same events in episode 25 of Fullmetal Alchemist, I got all teary again (every time I see that episode I get teary). I even had the theme music playing in my mind while reading it. We're all a bunch of softies.

• 2 months later...

I have cried in almost every anime I have seen, and that is sad.

Let me see if I can remember....

Cowboy Bebop, at the end of the last episode,

Full Metal Alchemist, a couple of times throughout the series (so far)

Fruits Basket, twice in the anime and throughout volume six of the manga (so far)

Ranma 1/2, in volume 22 of the manga then again in volume 23,

Wolf's Rain,

DBZ,

At the end of the third pokemon movie (don't ask),

A few times in the Tenchi series,

In the very end of the fourth volume of the Azumanga Daioh manga,

A buncha times in InuYasha, especially in volume 18 of the manga,

Zatch Bell (goodness, I'm pitiful),

ummm.......and I can't think of anything else right now....sorry.