Pre-registeration for Masquerade?

*waves* I might come down to Otakon (I'm from Canada!) this year ^_^

I just wanted to know approximately when pre-reg was available last year so I know what to expect this year (I haven't 100% decided to come to Otakon yet, I won't find out until April!).

(I couldn't seem to find any masquerade info >_<)

How quickly were the pre-reg spots filled up?

And if I'm a regional "Master," I obviously have to enter as craftsman correct...? ^_^

Thanks ^_^

*waves* I might come down to Otakon (I'm from Canada!) this year ^_^

I just wanted to know approximately when pre-reg was available last year so I know what to expect this year (I haven't 100% decided to come to Otakon yet, I won't find out until April!).

(I couldn't seem to find any masquerade info >_<)

How quickly were the pre-reg spots filled up?

And if I'm a regional "Master," I obviously have to enter as craftsman correct...? ^_^

Thanks ^_^

1/ Pre-reg is currently open. Go Register! The benefit this year is that there is only one discounted rate. Even though you'll pre-reg in April, you'll get the same exact discount as a pre-reg in February.

2/ Masquerade info will be up relatively soon. Use this to keep up to date with Otakon news.

3/ The slots filled up rather quickly if i recall correctly. Within a week. Overflow slots filled up a bit slower (by a day or so more i think). Keep an eye out on the RSS for up to date info when it is available though.

4/ I would believe so. Again, I urge you to refer to the Masquerade rules when they are posted.

Hope that helps, enjoy!

If mailed in...since it takes awhile from Canada, do you accept express post submissions lol

Or is it all online?

You may find it's easier to register online with a credit card (Visa and MasterCard only). Although we also accept mail in registrations.

Sorry I meant pre-registeration for the masquerade :)

That's some time off -- probably April or May. We'll give you advance warning.

Remember that you can't register for the Masquerade until you've completed your pre-reg.

• 1 month later...
no wonder I never got into the masq in past years... I had no idea that you pre-reged for it...

*walks over to dresser and slamms head in drawer*

ah, thats better. foolishness is all gone now. :lol:

I wouldn't say that -- after all, you've just whammed your head into furniture.

At least you're not as bad as the people who use the web form to email us and ask us when the con is, or the person who used our webform to ask us why we didn't have a website online.

• 2 weeks later...

...Soon-ish? Details are being ironed out. The sooner it's up, the sooner we can get the database all nice and neat, lol

And Jim...I had someone email pre-reg saying "Your website isn't working". Sooooo specific! >_<

The one asking why there's not a website wins though, oh man!

• 1 month later...

I've pre-registered for the Masquerade.. *sighs* But there are still somethings I have question's on. what is the Otakon member badge? Do you get that when you pay to get in? * has already done this* Also I would like to know.. where is this place you have to go on Friday before the event, to say your there and claim your spot?

I've pre-registered for the Masquerade.. *sighs* But there are still somethings I have question's on. what is the Otakon member badge? Do you get that when you pay to get in? * has already done this*

Guys, you'll get all that information in your confirmation e-mail. There's not really much a point to divulging all that information when you're not really in the contest yet.

Please keep in mind that at this time of writing, registration has been open for 5 1/2 hours. I can't spit out every ounce of information like a firehose.