Me and some friends want to enter the Masqurade, but we've never been in one before (I never even been to the Masq. at otakon before...*sweatdrops* and I was wondering, is there like a mandatory practice on saturday before the masq.? or something to that effect? Any other information that might be usefull to us? Thank in advance~!

Me and some friends want to enter the Masqurade, but we've never been in one before (I never even been to the Masq. at otakon before...*sweatdrops* and I was wondering, is there like a mandatory practice on saturday before the masq.? or something to that effect? Any other information that might be usefull to us? Thank in advance~!

The rules are under review and I expect them to come along in the next few weeks. Plenty of time.

On the bright side, someone will show up eventually and 'splain it all to ya, at least well enough to tide you over until the official rules show up on the website.

Any other information that might be usefull to us? Thank in advance~!

Preregister for both the convention and the masquerade, if they offer masq pre-reg (they usually do). This will save you much hassle.

There's really not many specifics I can mention until we have a set of rules ready to go public.

Registration takes place before the convention and only before the convention. Along with the rules and guidelines, there will be an online form that you will need to fill out and submit via e-mail to register. This process was known as pre-registration in previous years, but we are dropping the "pre" prefix due to the tendency for members to mix it up with membership pre-registration.

When the convention rolls around, you will need to check-in to confirm your place in the Masquerade during your designated check-in period.

Aside from that, when the rules and guidelines are released, it should contain everything you need to know. There will also be follow-up e-mails sent to all registered participants leading up to the convention detailing the various processes leading up to the Masquerade.