Not sure if I can enter my costume or not... please help!

Ok theres 1 day left to register for the hall contests, so I need help today ;__;

question 1: I'm doing Miwako from Paradise Kiss. she basicly has a new outfit on every page! but I did pick one to follow, but had to make adjustments due to several problems. first, shortened the sleeves for the heat. changed the apron design completely because it was just impossible to sew it the way it was pictured and i cant wear so many layers in the heat. a lot of little changes like that led to the finished product looking very little like the picture :/ So would this still be OK for a contest? Its really nice and took a lot of time/money, so it would be a shame not to be able to compete in it.

question 2: I'm guessing original characters are out of the question but... my boyfriend has been spending months working on his made-up jedi costume and its looking really good so I was wondering if theres a category for that?

Question 1: Go ahead and register the Miwako costume. Just make sure you bring your reference pic.

Question 2: Unfortunately, original costumes are not allowed in a contest based on east asian stuff (anime, manga, culture, videogames..).