First off, thanks to all the Masquerade participants for their participation and patience throughout the weekend. You all handled the unfamiliar confines of the 1st Mariner Arena well, and it certainly helped us get through the event that much smoother.

As always, we realize that there are areas that can be improved on every year. And while we get closer every year to wiping out our to-do list, there's always that one thing that we forget or goes unnoticed.

We appreciate any feedback on the Masquerade and the registration and check-in processes leading up to. Many of you have already expressed your comments, and we are dilligently taking note of it.

We are especially looking for feedback in the following areas:

-The online registration process -Usage of the 1st Mariner Arena
      And of course, any other feedback of any sort is appreciated as well.
      We do ask that you start a new topic if one hasn't been created already. That way it'll be easier for us to sort through everything.

Registration process was really good, a lot cleaner than most masquerades that I've participated in ((and I also work on staff for two so I know that headache that comes with it))

I really enjoyed the usage of the mariner arena for the masquerade.

However going into the loading docks to get backstage made the train on my costume absolutely filthy, and the stage as large as it was, was very slippery.

With that many costumers going through it, and people trying to get backstage, it would've been nice if the stage floor had been swept up or cleaned if just a little bit. Heels and dirt don't mix too well... and I almost went flying a few times across the stage.

Also when the awards were handed out, I didn't quite care for how it was done. How the numbers were called prior. I know the staging area and the greenroom were too far apart for the participants to run over there, but it got rid of a lot of the anticipation that comes with waiting for the winners to be announced. If there was a way to keep all the participants backstage ((if there's room, I know there was quite a few of us, and I'd rather not jepordize with fire code issues)) but part of competing in the masquerade is the anticipation you get when the awards are handed out. Even if you don't win anything, its still an awesome feeling, and its better than being upset that your number didn't get called prior ((which honestly makes it out to be worse than the surprise element)). I'd rather sit there and be surprised and applaud the winners, then know prior and just sit there and stew with everyone else that hasn't gotten anything out of it. Its a much happier atmosphere when everyone is surprised, because people are congratulating everyone that has one, and not being angry all at the same time.

Also I know this has nothing to do with how the masquerade was run, but one of the awards that was handed out, was handed out to someone that was not in costume. Isn't being part of the masquerade supposed to be that you are in costume?? I mean, I know how hard it is to play an instrument, I teach music professionally, however since he wasn't in a costume ((which is odd cuz I know I saw him in one all day)) Shouldn't that have been grounds for a disqualification? The least that could've happened if they wanted to recognize a musician, would've been to give it to someone that played equally as well in a costume... ((was a bit hard to honestly hear them backstage in the green room, so I'm going by stance, and posture and such... hoping they play as well as they stand lol))

Hope this helps a bit ^^ I know opinions are what helps things get better year after year ^^

I'm actually impressed by the online registration system. Doesn't put a lot of stress on entrants trying to make a run for it at a con with a cutoff deadline by the next day. And it's an equal opportunity dash through the computers instead. **chuckle** Been through one con plenty of times and they are just dead set on doing things in person, which in turns jams up some hallways with the entrants trying to get spots.

And I liked how you guys set a cutoff number and stick to it. Three years have I been in a setup to where there was a cutoff number but then they decide to squeeze in just a few more knowing full well the cosplay is sandwiched in between two concerts and then things become a fast paced setup of hurry, hurry, hurry. Wish these particular organizers would go to other cons and do some research. Sheesh. Already hit them with ideas based on how you guys run things, but alas they're too stubborn. Maybe a boot to da head when I'm around. **l**

I definitely liked the setup within the Mariner Arena. Lot's of space, no cramping of the entrants, and plenty of seating for future masquerades. I do agree on letting us pack in our own water and snacks considering we're pretty much on lockdown until the shindig is over. No way in heck was I about to pay $3 for a bottle of water from a machine. Good thing there were water coolers, but those have a limited quantity and we sucked those down pretty quick. If they won't budge on the drinks and such I say get more coolers!!

I was amazed at the video setup for us entrants so we could watch the whole show without being in the crowd!! Big kudos on that!! Been at one con where they "tried" to do that for us, but unfortunately we had an audio glitch. Couldn't get it fixed in time. :) But we had fun anyhoo!

I like how there were a lot of awards given out and I'd like to put in the suggestion in addition to the "level" categories and judges awards how about a few more categories like other cons, like Most Original, Most Dramatic, Most Humorous, etc, etc. There were some other entries that were pretty good and could've rated other categories. And how about children's award to encourage more of the youngsters 13 and under? Several cons are doing this to appeal more towards the younger crowd and get them involved with the cons more.

Nothing really on the negative side. Somehow my friend and I were lucky enough not to have the snarky arena attendant experience that several others unfortunately had to deal with. I swear a lot of people from the East Coast have some attitudes that definitely need some rearranging. Or a boot to da head. **chuckle** Pacific Northwestern style! :D

FYI: I was one half of the crew in the KFC based skit. **l**

• 5 months later...

i know this is random but i just had a few questions about the masquerade. first off how long is the masquerade allowed to run because my friends and i have been working on one and we do not know how long we can make it. my second question is, what is the prize for the winner of the maquerade and i there a second and third prize?