All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Last week
  4. TomDent

Scooters in DC?

Be careful if you do use the scooters. My friends and I saw one get stolen at a 7-11. Just watch where you put it or lock it up.
  5. Aresef

Would Otakon ever try this?

There are lots of things Anime Matsuri does that most cons or con staffers shouldn't do. I'd rather not start another fight here, so I'll leave it there. But I know having a cafe would probably run afoul of convention center contracts. Like, that's why no vendor outside of the official food vendor sells Pocky or any other candy.
  6. onsenmark

I'd love to have Square Enix show up this year(if only so I can save on shipping and get a copy of Cactpot Party, lol) Plus, who wouldn't want to have an aetheryte in the dealers' room? Too bad we can't link it to another one, because they aren't real, lol.
  7. GasparAKAShiggitay

Scooters in DC?

I've only used scooters and bikes from the company LIME, and it's awesome and affordable.
  8. TnAdct1

Honestly, this is not a bad idea. Given what Otakon has gotten the last two years (the concert event that usually happens at AX in 2017; the DBZ Tour last year), it would be cool to have a different "big" booth each year that would sell something cool like the Godzilla Store and the Gundam Store/Cafe.
  9. new_reaper

I recently heard about Anime Matsuri having Toho as a guest and the company is bringing the Official Godzilla Store with them to the convention. I think that sounds like a good idea for a guest request. If Bandai Sunrise comes this year how about asking if the might want to have the official Gundam Store/Cafe set up in the dealers room? Also you could ask Toho if they want to do the same thing at Otakon.
  10. onsenmark

Scooters in DC?

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=dc+scooter+share&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiV39WU5K_iAhWBiOAKHT4DAa0Q1QIoAnoECAsQAw&biw=1680&bih=914 There are at least six different companies servicing DC; but I think which one you'd find depends on the location of your hotel. Price is generally about $1(for the first minute?), then 15 cents a minute thereafter. Good for quick jaunts, but it would get pricey if you have it out all day...
  11. mellow-osity

Scooters in DC?

So, I'm looking to secure my hotel and I'm looking at some a little further away than I generally like, but I want to spend less on hotels this year. Now, I see that scooters have popped up in DC. Has anyone used them there? I used them while being in Denver recently, and they made getting around a breeze! Having a hotel a little farther away doesn't look so bad if these scooters are around.
  12. Stephanie Panisello came to Los Angeles on vacation, and never left! Her thirst for adventure, passion for acting and love of video games has lead her to appear in over a dozen titles including: Doom, Evil Within 2, the Final Fantasy franchise, Blade 2: The Return of Evil, the Batman theme park ride Knight Flight as Poison Ivy, and the cinematic trailer for Shadow of the Tomb Raider as Lara Croft. View all the guests we have announced so far on our website at: https://www.otakon.com/guest/
  13. Sorry to post so much, but just found out about Escape Velocity, to be held May 24-26, 2019 at the Gaylord Hotel, National Harbor (Washington DC/Maryland). Looks really interesting. It says it'll have science, technology, pop culture, Museum of Science Fiction, and has pics of cosplayers. The url: https://escapevelocity.events
  14. Just FYI, the Women's Empowerment Expo will be held at the WEWCC on Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 10am -- 5pm. If interested, the url is: https://womenempowerx.com/washington-dc
  15. Earlier
  16. CocoFaerie

The 2019 Washington Area Travelers Advisory

Also this summer, Maryland MTA fares will be going up again, as prescribed in the 2013 law that increases BOTH gas taxes & public transportation fares relative to inflation. NEW Rates
  17. CocoFaerie

...and that's why I didn't post this sooner. There was no telling how long the FREE rides would last, which is why I was reluctant to mention it in this thread. Personally, I was expecting it to only last thru the remainder of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Still, this is a story to keep tabs on just in case.
  18. onsenmark

The 2019 Otakon Goer Roll-Call Thread

Okay, really, this time: The BONUS ? for 2019: What was the awesomest or most unique cosplay or crossplay you have seen and/or worn at an Otakon? Prolly a friend's Kamen Rider cosplays. He was Fourze Base States one year, and I *think* OOO PuToTyra Form another year? I'm not certain...
  19. onsenmark

I'm not sure if this is the thread for this(but just in case) -- free fares on the D.C. Circulator may not last: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/bowser-and-dc-council-spar-over-keeping-circulator-free-and-who-it-benefits/2019/05/12/0731e13c-71ac-11e9-9eb4-0828f5389013_story.html
  20. onsenmark

Most looking forward to thing at Otakon 2019?

trolololol Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that it will cost one dollar, or that it will be sold to you by a gentleman with incredible style and flow. *goes to listen to ICW remixes on MooCube*
  21. sjmorgan

I'm looking forward to enjoy some refreshing Ice Cold Water at Otakon 2019.
  22. GasparAKAShiggitay

Oh if things go as I plan we'll meet up... Bwahahahahaha
  23. onsenmark

What are you playing?: 2019 Edition!

Since I have a device that can play it, I've been playing some Dissidia FF: Opera Omnia as of late. Also a bit of Love Live!, BanG Dream!, and Revue Starlight...
  24. onsenmark

Not necessarily con-related, but I finally hope to meet some of you people, like from Discord n' stuff. Y'all know who you are, lol.
  25. Clutch

Are all metal objects banned or only weapons?

A kettle and some string can be pretty powerful.
  26. GasparAKAShiggitay

Anime Central (ACen) 2019 Roll Call!

w00t I knew you were going, but I was wondering who else would surprise me. We gots to meet up for lunch one day or something! You game?
  27. Aresef

Name: Tyler Cosplay: Nah Arriving: I'm getting into Chicago Thursday morning, but considering where my Airbnb is, I might not be anywhere near the con until Friday.
  28. GasparAKAShiggitay

Who here is attending Anime Central 2019 (ACen) with me this year in the lovely Chicagoland area (Rosemont, IL) ? If you are do this: Name: Cosplay you'll be wearing: Day arriving: I'll start it off. Name: Gaspar / Shiggitay Cosplay you'll be wearing: I'll be alternating between my Senbonzakura Miku GB and my Street Pop Miku GB throughout the weekend... There's no way I can have something new in 2 weeks' time... Day arriving: Thursday, but at like 4pm due to travel from Baltimore via road trip with friends. Yay for the upcoming ~15h ride... We should meet up. My schedule of events (panels etc.) is pretty light this year, so we should be able to hang out!
  29. GasparAKAShiggitay

2019 Hotel Incidentals Reminder

Thanks for that input! I'm glad someone actually read and took to heart my advice. EDIT: w00t for my 1,000th post!
  1. Load more activity