All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. Crazy. I haven't been here since about 2015. Time flies I will be staffing my 10th year this year!!! ❤️

3. Hello! With Vtubers from big agencies like Hololive and Nijisanji being guests at conventions such as Anime Impulse, I think it would be cool to invite a few as guests to Otakon! I'm a huge fan of Holostars in particular, especially TEMPUS, I believe it would be very feasible to arrange something with them :) List below! Regis Altare Axel Syrios Gavis Bettel Machina X Flayon Banzoin Hakka Josuiji Shinri Thank you for your consideration!
  4. Hololive and vtubing is a big draw at a lot of conventions. They have a Meet and panel program that would be good to see at Otakon, and seem to be pretty responsive if conventions reach out to them.
  5. Earlier
  6. ohhh yea I can see that. Maybe we'll have to scratch out the adult magazines and cigarettes for that. Maybe the crackers and car models are good enough lolololol. I can understand that. At best that's enevitable, although the question is what to do afterwards though.........
  7. For me I don't really have very much. Aleks Le- Famous EN voice actor
  8. I'm confused by all the request threads so I'll also make my own too. Please PLEASE some more mangaka representation. Otakon has been getting losing out on industry guests from Japan and perhaps it will be worse since it is now between AX and ANYC. Please try your hardest to get some more mangaka I believe in you!!! Here are some big and small mangaka that may show interest in coming. Kamome Shirahama - Author of Witch Hat Atelier, announced she was going to the Toronto Comic Art Festival this May, so she seems open to going to cons!! PLEASE ask. Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga
  9. Please PLEASE some more mangaka representation. Kamome Shirahama - Author of Witch Hat Atelier, announced she was going to the Toronto Comic Art Festival this May, so she seems open to going to cons!! PLEASE ask. Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga author, went to Comic con last year and a bunch of Canadian cons. PLEASE ASK. Makoto Ojiro - Author of Insomniacs Afterschool, not sure if she would come but you could ask!!! Akiko Higashimura - Author of Princess Jellyfish and plenty of other wonderful manga! Shuzo Oshimi - Author of Blood on the Tracks and many other fantas
  10. Also Please invite Studio Trigger again! Specifically Sushio since I don't think he's ever come!!
  11. Please PLEASE some more mangaka representation. Kamome Shirahama - Author of Witch Hat Atelier, announced she was going to the Toronto Comic Art Festival this May, so she seems open to going to cons!! PLEASE ask. Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga author, went to Comic con last year and a bunch of Canadian cons. PLEASE ASK. Makoto Ojiro - Author of Insomniacs Afterschool, not sure if she would come but you could ask!!! Akiko Higashimura - Author of Princess Jellyfish and plenty of other wonderful manga! Shuzo Oshimi - Author of Blood on the Tracks and many other fantas
  12. Please PLEASE some more mangaka representation. Kamome Shirahama - Author of Witch Hat Atelier, announced she was going to the Toronto Comic Art Festival this May, so she seems open to going to cons!! PLEASE ask. Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga author, went to Comic con last year and a bunch of Canadian cons. PLEASE ASK. Makoto Ojiro - Author of Insomniacs Afterschool, not sure if she would come but you could ask!!! Akiko Higashimura - Author of Princess Jellyfish and plenty of other wonderful manga! Shuzo Oshimi - Author of Blood on the Tracks and many other fantas
  13. It was the same with the Day's Inn as well. But the Day's Inn was charging about $24 dollars a day for parking (not including tax) the last time I remember,, compared to only $16 a day at the garage across the street (it was slightly cheaper if you came in early enough). That eventuality became my decision, too. In fact, I started out with taking a bus when Katsucon was at the Omni Shorerum hotel in Washington DC some years ago. I would get on a bus that used to cost about $25 per trip. It would stop at Bethesda then I would take the subway from there. The first 2 years w
  14. The biggest 'advantage' to the hotel garage at the Baltimore Hyatt was that they could add the parking bill to your hotel bill. It made it easier (for me) to track the totals for splitting the bill. I have to admit I'm a little surprised that it's only $50 / night for the Marriott - that's how much the Hyatt charged, and that was 8 years ago. (Has it really been that long? Time flies...) The minute I heard Otakon was moving to DC, I told my brother: We're switching to Amtrak. I figured the cost of the tickets versus the cost of gas & parking makes it at worst a push - if I were to
  15. Neither do I. When I used to drive to Otakon when it was in Baltimore, I used to park my car at the garage that was across the street from the Day's Inn. Even if I stayed at the Day's Inn, the cost of the garage was still cheaper than the hotel's own parking. The only advantage of staying in their garage (Day's Inn), was that once you parked, you had the privilege of taking your car in and out without losing a spot. Now I just take Amtrak and then take either the subway or a cab to the hotel, whichever is cheaper and/or convenient for me.
  16. Ooops -- meant to say "ask if they can recommend a cheaper place to park that's safe."
  17. Also, I've found the people at TripAdvisor.com to be really helpful with trip questions (almost all the time). You might want to tell them the dates of your travel, hotel name, cost of parking, and ask if they can recommend a cheaper place that's safe. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28969-i39-District_of_Columbia.html If the url doesn't work, you can get there by: www.tripadvisor.com click: More (near the top) click: Forums click: US click: District of Columbia
  18. Back in the 90's I had bosses who traveled a lot. They'd park their cars and leave them at Reagan National Airport during their whole trip. A google search said the airport's economy lot is $19 per day. The daily parking rate at the Terminal Garages is $29 per day. National Airport has a metro stop right there at the airport, so you could hop onto the metro. Dulles Airport also has a metro stop now, but I don't know if it's right next to the airport or farther away. The down side is that your car would be at the airport during your trip, so you wouldn't have the car near you
  19. Last year and this year we have just been dropped off and picked up so parking doesn't personally cost us anything but I know that isn't an option for everyone. When we did park, we used Parking Panda (Which is now called Spot Hero) and ParkWhiz for cheaper parking. There is a garage we usually parked at down the street which was about a 6-8 minute walk from the Marriott that the latter is showing still has spots open for about $74 (after tax) total from Thursday afternoon until Monday morning (that's how long we typically stay). We haven't had any bad experiences with either but find ParkWhiz
  20. Honestly, hotels are usually known to have more expensive parking, because their guests are largely a captive market. Not all DC hotels have their own parking, and those that do usually don't have enough parking for every room (knowing that many guests will arrive via Metro or Uber). If you want cheaper parking, watch Spot Hero and other parking reservation sites. More parking will become available as we get closer to the con, for some reason a lot of garages don't like to reserve overnight parking 5-6 months out. In general though, I'd expect $25-$30 per night.
  21. Anyone have any bed or floor space in their hotel room for a portion of the hotel cost?
  22. If you drove there, where did you park and was it cheaper/free? 👀
  23. Every frame was filled with unexpected surprises and hilarious moments, making it a joy to watch from start to finish. The animation style was top-notch, with smooth transitions and attention to detail that brought the game world to life in a way that felt immersive and exciting. If you're a fan of wild and wacky animations that leave you grinning from ear to ear, I highly recommend checking out this promo! You can watch it for yourself at this link https://www.vpesports.cоm/when-does-the-rocket-league-championship-series-2024-start. Trust me, it's an experience you won't want to miss!
  24. I don't recall any parking discounts when we were in Baltimore. More that you were guaranteed a space in the lot, and they would fold the daily parking charges into your bill.
  25. I've stayed at the Marquis every year and while we never parked there, our friends who did never received a parking discount. It was always $50/night valet parking only costing them $200 in parking for the weekend. If Otakon could work out a deal for members staying that would be lovely! I know some hotels (Marquis included) do have benefits for members such as free internet, food discounts, etc.
  26. Last year I stayed at the Comfort Inn and got parking passes that reduced my parking down to like $40 for the weekend (if I remember correct). I'm staying at the Moxy this year and I called the hotel to check the rates for parking at it was about $60/night??? What are the odds that Otakon members get discounts for parking if we booked through the hotel block?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.