All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. EdKitten

Panel Not Showing on the Schedule

They must have just updated! Looks like your panel's on Fri, 4:30pm-5:30pm, Panel 4, Rm 151A.
  3. Today
  4. sulkyselkie

Autographs Information

For the curious, I got a partial response on Otakon's Twitter account: "This year, the only paid VIP autograph tickets are being sold through the VIP concert passes for concert guests and the Fruits Basket meet-and-greet through Funimation." Although if anyone knows anything else about what the structure will be like for this year, I'd love to know! I'm kind of concerned since Kikuko Inoue's autograph session starts at 12:45, but the Dealer's Room opens at 12:00. It's going to be a mad rush to get to the Dealer's Room line, get in, and then head to the autographs area...I'm also a little concerned because I'd like to get get Toru Furuya's autograph the same day...but I think waiting in line for Inoue means I'll get to Furuya's line too late to get in...
  5. TsquareNinja

Panel Not Showing on the Schedule

My husband and I are running a panel that was previously wait listed, Product Placement in Anime (July 7th we received an email saying due to another panel canceling, we were approved to present this one in its place). Since then we haven’t seen panels updated on the schedule, but I have seen autographs and photoshoots updated. We’ve reached out to Otakon though the contact us part of the website, Facebook and twitter to make sure our panel is still approved as its not showing on the schedule. Is there someone we can contact to make sure this panel is still approved? Or do we need to check with panel ops Thursday during badge pick up? (I know the schedule updates randomly. We just want to make sure we don’t miss our time slot.) Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  6. Aresef

Autograph Prices and line wait time

Autographs organized by Otakon are free, governed by the rules under "Guests and Autographs" on Otakon's website. You can have guests sign your program book or any officially licensed and properly credited products. They may choose to sign handmade or other weird stuff. In terms of selfies, they forbid flash photography or photo ops during official signings unless otherwise noted. Your best bet might be to visit the autographs section when you can and ask a staffer about policies for those two sessions. Some passes may be handed out during a guest's panel, but that's no guarantee. Richard Epcar does a few cons every year and Kari Wahlgren does a bunch, so I don't foresee much of a problem. However, autograph sessions at industry booths or whatever are governed by whatever rules their management wants.
  7. Aresef

Weather forecast for Otakon

So it's looking like the rain is going to be out of the way. Still pack your umbrella, though.
  8. EdKitten

Will Marriott still have the connecting tunnel open at midnight? I sure hope so!
  9. Revan

Looks like the numbers are slightly lower, both the link above and [url=https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.8904&lon=-77.032] the National Weather Service[/url] have the forecast as mostly sunny in the high 80s with no mention of rain. Again it's the weather, so they should be taken with a grain of salt and pack an umbrella to be sure. (Don't know why the url link code isn't working.)
  10. AlexaCher

ART SHOW 2019

Hello Everyone and Welcome to Art Show 2019!!!!! When you have a chance stop by to see finely crafted pieces and beautifully created artwork offered by our members. You may view (when the link to the website becomes available) fan art and original pieces online, except the Hentai section (18+ wristband required) is only viewed at Art Show. Online access and Registration as an Artist, Agent, and/ or bidder must be done at Art Show with all necessary forms signed and completed. Our eventful and exciting Live Auction is held on Sunday. (More information is found on the Otakon website under Exhibitors/Art Show.) If you have any Questions or concerns you may email me aleitkowski@otakorp.org. Hope to see you all at Art Show, this will be a very festive year!!!!
  11. EdKitten

For wait times, last year the autograph line-con looked more like a sea of people. There was no way I was getting near that. Hopefully, someone with more experience being in the line will post about it for you. But you might want to schedule a few hours for it, I'm not sure.
  12. TnAdct1

In terms of pricing: Basically, the ones that are listed on Otakon's schedule are free.
  13. windseeker

Recomendations for Studio Ghibli Fan

I'm running a panel related to Studio Ghibli on saturday night ("Urban Legends and Studio Ghibli: Fact or Fiction.") Its 18+, just a heads up. Hope you might be interested!
  14. Yesterday
  15. Jonathan Seitz

Hello I have a question regarding autograph prices and line wait times for a couple of guests. How much will autographs be for Kari Wahlgren and Richard Epcar, can you also take a selfie at their table (since some guests depending on which one), and how long would their line wait times be through their sessions. I have been dying to meet Kari for such a long time now and I worry that since I am only attending on Saturday that the possibility of it being first come first serve might prevent me from getting to see her, and that would crush me and make me think that I wasted my time coming in the first place.
  16. Are you interested in participating in one of several exciting events hosted by Capital Area Budokai? If so, read on! Capital Area Budokai will be hosting 4 workshops at Otakon 2019. Participation in each session will be limited to participants selected via this web form. Sing ups end at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, July 23 Details: All 4 events will take place in Workshop 3 (WEWCC 146A) Friday, July 26, 2019 Saturday, July 27 2019 Session #1: Art of the Staff– 3:00pm-4:00pm Session #2: Art of the Sword -4:30-5:30pm Session #3: Japanese Fencing Seminar–8:00-9:00pm Session #4: Art of the Sword–9:30pm-10:30pm While all are welcome to attend, participation in each session will be limited to participants selected via the Sign up form Here. Participants must be 18 or older
  17. Last week
  18. PizzaPants

Looking for a Panel helper.

Hello I'm running the panel Persona 5 and the Tarot. https://hiroko.otakon.com/events_schedule_detail.asp?eventID=35&id=53207 I could use someone to run the laptop during my panel so I can walk around and have people draw cards. I had a friend to help, but he had to drop out because of parking. Anyone interested in Persona 5 or tarot cards is preferred.
  19. Krabstarr

Unofficial Otakon Discord Server and Community Events

Tonight is Unofficial Otakon Quiplash ! Go to https://www.caffeine.tv/krabstarr/ to play the game! Room pre-show starts at 9:00PM EDT, games begins at 9:15PM EDT
  20. sulkyselkie

Schedule is Out!

Otakon's Twitter is indicating this weekend: https://twitter.com/Otakon/status/1151912674227343362 I wouldn't be surprised to see it go live next week, though.
  21. Revengel

Schedule is Out!

Any idea when the Guidebook will be live? I use that thing constantly.
  22. JoanneCZ

I am not being lazy. I have looked at the schedule and have marked some things as potential to see. Many of them happen at the same time so I have to decide which is best. I had knee surgery this month. I'll have a scooter rented for the con. Still, I will have to monitor my pain level. Might just have to do 1 or 2 things per day. I have made these choices so far below. I have to weed through it and figure out which ones are the best. What do you think? 2-3pm -Photoshoot 1 Studio Ghibli or Black Butler at Photoshoot 3 3:15 PM - 4:30 PM Video 3 (Room 146B) That Time I Was Reincarnated As a Slime [D] ***2:15 PM - 4:15 PM Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM Panel 3 (Room 150) Yokai Stories with Hirokatsu Kihara [G] 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM Workshop 2 (Room 140) Getting Real About Fantasy Writing [F] 7:45 PM - 8:45 PM AMV Theater (Room 144) David Bowie: Like Some Cat From Japan [F] Join former Ghibli writer/producer Kihara as he explores Japanese folklore and supernatural stories. Video 1 (Room 147A) Penguin Highway (Premiere) 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Main Events (Level 3 Ballroom A/B) BRADIO Concert [G] 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM AMV Theater (Room 144) Weirdest Japanese Commercials [F+] 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Panel 6 (Room 152A) Yurei, Yokai, & School Girls [F] 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM Panel 7 (Room 146C) Ramen? Ramen! RAMEN?! [F]
  23. EdKitten

Sorry to post so much, but, you might want to see an Otakon guest: Hirokatsu Kihara, formerly involved with the production desk at Studio Ghibli. I missed seeing him last year and heard he was really a fun guest. Hope to see him this year!
  24. EdKitten

Helpful Tidbits & Carol Burnett

Oh, for people using Union Station to travel to Otakon -- the comic book store and the used book store are gone from Union Station. However, Walgreens, other stores, many restaurants (and the food court) are still there. url: unionstationdc.com
  25. EdKitten

Helpful Tidbits & Carol Burnett

Just a bunch o' tidbits, thought they might be helpful. A pdf map of the metro/subway system is at: wmata.com/schedules/maps/upload/2019-System-Map.pdf (the link on Otakon's webpage for the map doesn't seem to work, so I hope this one is ok). Carol Burnett Fans -- she'll be appearing at the Strathmore music center on Thursday, July 25, at 8pm. Since it's happening on badge/pick up day for Otakon, I hope this info is ok to post here. The Strathmore is right across the street from the Grosvenor metro (on the Red line -- on the metro map, it's located near the upper left). Url: strathmore.org. If you find yourself on the metro, not really near the WEWCC, and need some handy stores, some are: McDonalds and 7 Eleven, across from the White Flint metro (on the Red line -- on the metro map, it's located near the upper left). Once you exit White Flint, you'll see them right across the street. Safeway grocery store, located across from the Twinbrook metro (on the Red line -- on the metro map, it's located near the upper left). When you get off the train, you'll see a Hilton hotel and to the left of the hotel, a Safeway (they're both located across a metro parking lot). Caution -- at night, sometimes the walk to Safeway can be a bit dark because some of the metro's parking lot lights on that side don't light up. Of course, walking during the daytime is fine. Walking directions from Mt. Vernon Square metro to the WEWCC entrance: In the past, I'd see a lot of people wonder which direction to walk, once they stepped off the escalators at Mt. Vernon Square metro. For first-timers, once you exit the escalators at Mt. Vernon Square metro, you'll see glass doors in front of you belonging to the WEWCC. But they'll be exit doors. So, you have to walk along the outside of the building to get to the entrance. So, with the glass doors in front of you, make a left (do not cross the street), then make a right (which comes up quickly), and just go straight. You'll get to an intersection (which is 7th Street and L Street), but keep going straight. (It'll look like you're walking along two different buildings, but they're both part of the WEWCC.) Keep going straight until you come to the corner of the building (the intersection should say Mt. Vernon Place). Do not cross the street. Turn right at the corner of the building, and soon you'll see the entrance to the WEWCC on the right. Gosh, that's long directions -- sorry about that. It's actually really easy -- just follow the cosplayers! To make it even easier, please view the picture Otakon has at: otakon.com/info/location, scroll down to "venue maps," and find the one that shows "Main Entrance" and "M Metro." Any other helpful hints from others will be extremely appreciated!
  26. EdKitten

Haven't had a chance to look at the program yet. I love The Wolf Children too! And Studio Ghibli films. Not connected with Otakon, but you might like to keep an eye on fathomevents for anime films. They usually have some anime and Studio Ghibli films scheduled. For Ghibli, go to fathomevents.com, scroll down and click on Studio Ghibli Fest. When you type in your zipcode, click on the auto zipcode that'll pop up in the box underneath your typing. (Took a while to figure out that I actually needed to click on the box, for the movies in my area to show up.)
  27. EdKitten

Where to Eat for Otakon vids

Thanks a million for all the awesome videos! So much helpful information!
  28. bigstevegearhart

Where to Eat for Otakon vids

So, this is the third and last video of Where to Eat for Otakon 2019 and it has a few tips and places to get food! Thank you for watching these videos, I hope they helped you out! Please come back to the channel for a review of Otakon and more of my videos! See you at Otakon!!!!!! Part Two, Staying Safe - Part One, Transportation - A Part of Otakon History & Culture...sort of... -
  29. Krabstarr

Unofficial Otakon Discord Server and Community Events

The battle for supremacy is on as we engage to match wits in Game Night - Unofficial Otakon Quiplash. Friday, 07/19/2019 at 9:00PM EDT We've loaded the Jackbox Party Pack favorite Quiplash 2 with dozens (over 5 dozen!) of custom prompts relating to Otakon, anime, and anything else we could think of! Players are given a prompt, such as "Why Shinji really didn't want to get in the robot". Players then put down their funniest, wittiest, or whatever answer they think will get them the votes! The answers are put head to head and the best, or sometimes the worst, response wins! Win or lose, this is one event you won't want to miss, as Quiplash is already a fun time, so Quiplash + anime + Otakon should be an amazing time! Join us on Discord for the link to join the game: https://discord.gg/wjrfMbH
  1. Load more activity