Ok, I'm a little confused. I'm going to pre-register as a group but according to the rules it says.

In order to participate, you must have an Otakon member badge (Dealers, Press, and other specialty badge types are also valid).

Does that mean everyone in my group must pre-register for a badge in order to register or they can just buy their badges at the door. Or is it just me who just needs to pre-reg since I'm the group leader. I'm a little confused here since this is my first time planning to registering for the masquerade.

Thanks.

Please don't read too much into this.

You must have one of the said badges to participate in the Masquerade. Participation does not occur until Saturday, August 8, and the only thing that happens before that is registration, which isn't the same thing. Therefore, you do not need a badge until August 8 at your chosen rehearsal time (the first official element of participation in the Masquerade).

If the wording was "to register in the Masquerade," it would imply what you're concerned about, but since it doesn't, it isn't an issue.

It doesn't hurt to play it safe, but do rest assured that we run things by what's written in our rules rather than what isn't. This is main reason the rules are so lengthy to begin with.

Edited by Babbit