I'm planning on doing a musical/song skit for the masq. Are there any limitations on what kind of sound files we can use? As in, can I take clips of songs, splice them together, and lipsynch to those, or do I need to actually record over the songs with my group members?

I'm planning on doing a musical/song skit for the masq. Are there any limitations on what kind of sound files we can use? As in, can I take clips of songs, splice them together, and lipsynch to those, or do I need to actually record over the songs with my group members?

I'm very excited to finally have a great idea (in my opinion, of course) for a skit, and I have already edited the background music, I will just need a mic with stand. My question is, is it possible for whomever will be running the sound to wait for a cue to start the CD I provide? I'd like to do some talking in character before I launch into the song. I suppose I could always put some silence at the beginning of the track, but I am loathe to try to time it out like that.

I'm very excited to finally have a great idea (in my opinion, of course) for a skit, and I have already edited the background music, I will just need a mic with stand. My question is, is it possible for whomever will be running the sound to wait for a cue to start the CD I provide? I'd like to do some talking in character before I launch into the song. I suppose I could always put some silence at the beginning of the track, but I am loathe to try to time it out like that.

That's actually the only way we can do it. Without a cue, we don't know when to start, so everyone is required to put some sort of indication of when to roll their sound when they register.

Everyone's definition of the "start" of their skit is different, so we can't make an assumption on the basis of that.