I was very impressed with the musical guests for Otakon this year. Plus meeting them was really awesome. Every one of them were really nice and you could tell they really wanted to be there and appreciated the fans.

I think my favorite act ended up being Marbell (and Mar ^^). Daizystripper was also really amazing. But seriously, seeing Mar's smiling face was worth the entire trip IMO.

Also, is there going to be a dvd of the concert? I saw camera's and stuff set up, so I thought Id ask.

Same here! I absolutely love DaizyStripper, and I was so psyched to finally meet them and see them live! The Friday and Sunday concerts were awesome! I was especially touched when Mar started crying during her performance! And the Underneath rocked! Thank you Otakon for bringing them here to the US!

I was very impressed with the musical guests for Otakon this year. Plus meeting them was really awesome. Every one of them were really nice and you could tell they really wanted to be there and appreciated the fans.

I think my favorite act ended up being Marbell (and Mar ^^). Daizystripper was also really amazing. But seriously, seeing Mar's smiling face was worth the entire trip IMO.

Also, is there going to be a dvd of the concert? I saw camera's and stuff set up, so I thought Id ask.

Someday I'm going to write a tell-all book about all the strange things I've been told by visiting rock stars.

I *really* wish I could have seen the whole Sunday concert. But I had to take care of so many errands that morning. I saw a bit of DS though, that was cool.

That said, as I've conveyed before, JAM was something I've waited years to see happen in the US. If it happened at AX, I would have flown to AX. If it happened anywhere else, I would have gone there too. The way I see it, Otakon saved me hundreds of dollars.

Someday I'm going to write a tell-all book about all the strange things I've been told by visiting rock stars.

That kind of sounds disheartening. You make it seem like they actually dont want to be there

Far from it! We've been exceedingly lucky to have folks who actually WANT to be here. The odd guest has been nervous coming in, but we've generally sent them home happy.

Case in point: I got into an extended conversation for about two hours on Sunday night about how strange the music business is, and how rare something like Otakon is, and why that confuses some of the big labels.

JAM Project, DaizyStripper, MarBell, The Underneath -- they all rocked and had fun and loved meeting the fans. Just like TMR, they were totally into it and it wasn't something they often get in Japan.

The "strange things" include things like weird habits of their managers, things they've been sent in the mail, etc.

Ah I understand. Thats really cool then. Im glad they all had an awesome time.

I can imagine that weird things pop up all the time since it's a completely different lifestyle. While it has its better things than normal life, there are bad things they have to deal with too. I think people often forget that while they are more famous, they are people too and can be hapy or sad.

Thanks for another great round of musical guests Otakon. Let's see what you have in store for next year! :3

PS: I think I saw Alabaster talking to Yaz Noya in the dealer's room on Saturday, lol. :P

Edited by DuelNatsuko

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.