Jump to content

EdKitten

Members
  • Content count

    160
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

EdKitten last won the day on June 21

EdKitten had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

43 Excellent

1 Follower

About EdKitten

  • Rank
    Otaku In Training

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  1. My Otakon 2017 Review

    Thanks a million for the vlog. Awesome hearing your comments! Sounds like you had a terrific time!
  2. Out of all the stupid things you can do at Otakon...

    The "second entrance" question was meant for the Photo Suite area -- sorry I didn't clarify. It seemed that there were support pillars or something along the wide-ish entrance to the area for the Photo Suite, making it seem like there was more than one entrance to get into the photo suite. And getting "offended on their behalf" -- was actually about the guy doing the video, not the Otakon attendee. Just tired of people mocking things which other people like, I guess.
  3. Out of all the stupid things you can do at Otakon...

    I remember walking into the Photo Suite area without anyone there checking badges. Was there a second entrance too? Perhaps if there are staff at the entrances to check badges, this all wouldn't have happened? Personally, I liked his video up until he said, "I don't get that My Little Pony s***" (around 1:44). Thought he was just there to mock cosplayers. But then he said some nice things about cosplayers. Kinda left a sour taste though that he'd talk about cosplayers that way, not gonna watch his other videos. Reminds me of the first Katsucon I attended and was yelled at for not knowing the rules. Found out about Katsucon on a Saturday morning, was at the hotel by noon, didn't have time to read the program or rules or anything (but did register, lol), walked into an Artist type room, where someone was being chewed out royally at the top of someone's lungs for something -- a few seconds later, found out the person being chewed out was me -- a staff person was yelling at me, "You know damn well not to wear a coat in this room!" Wow. So humiliating. Thank goodness almost all my other memories about Katsucon are good.
  4. My Otakon 2017 Vlog

    Good luck with calling them or them calling you! At least there's always next year for cosplaying (or for your next con, of course). Thanks again for all the effort you put into making the vlog!
  5. My Otakon 2017 Vlog

    Terrific vlog!!! Fun seeing you traveling. And can't believe you know Deanna! I follow her vlogs. Did you ever recover your bag? Can't believe your cosplay was in there!!! It's magic! lol. That's happened to me -- thought it was because of editing the post, but didn't see that here.
  6. Thanks for the turnstile explanation! "Bigger by half" was because there were always a lot more people around during AC.
  7. Um, there weren't any turnstiles at Awesome Con's registration, or anywhere else, that I saw. And they mailed badges too. Just from walking around the general population of people in the WEWCC, Awesome Con was bigger, maybe by half? No disrespect intended. I love both cons -- they're each unique and I have a blast at both of them. (P.S. The people who know I wasn't going to be able to attend Otakon because of having to take care of a friend -- they found a replacement for me at the last second. Yay!)
  8. Otakon 2017 Hotel Feedback

    Always so interesting reading these posts! Regarding being charged for wifi when it should've been free, or not getting a printed hotel receipt -- you might be able to get these if you call the hotel's reservation department (they might switch you to another department). But just explain what happened, like, you attended Otakon but was charged for wifi when it should've been free and could they reconsider deleting the charges, or, could you email (or snail mail) a printed receipt? Most hotels are pretty responsive if asked nicely. Worse case scenario: they won't do what you've asked and you've wasted a phone call (and maybe some very colorful metaphors after the phone call). Sometimes hotel staff are very surprising about what they'll do for you, after your trip. I've saved a bunch o' money with similar situations.
  9. Otakon 2017 panel feedback

    Staggered seating is such a great suggestion! Almost always there's someone taller sitting in front of me. Staggered seating makes it so I might be able to see the speaker(s), without the crick in the neck.
  10. Folks, tip (properly) the people who serve you

    Years ago I was a cook at a restaurant, and was shocked to learn the waiters/waitresses legally get paid below minimum wage. To make things worse, they have to fill out a form declaring the total of tips they recieve (I think they get taxed on the declared tips?). It really seemed like a total, legal rip off. Plus, along with what others have posted, if they don't receive a tip, it's like telling them you thought their service was horrible. So, please tip, especially if you receive great service. And for maid service, people at Trip Advisor suggest leaving 5.00 each time they clean the room. Once I asked a friendly maid what's the strangest thing she found in a room. She said adult toys that people leave by mistake after checking out of the hotel.
  11. Badge pick up hours on Friday?

    I think it's in the guidebook? Can anyone confirm this?
  12. Keeping an eye on the weather, and:

    Local news this morning said: Fri 30% chance of rain; Sat 40%; Sun 30%. Strange how different places will have different forecasts. They'll probably have something different tomorrow. Instead of a Rain Dance, does anyone know how to do a Dry Dance? lol. Maybe just visualize being there with sunny, pleasant weather.
  13. The Otakon 2017 Weather Forecast

    Hopefully that rain forecast will change. Lots of times the weather report changes overnight. The temps hopefully will stay the same -- no triple digit heat.
  14. Places to people watch

    Wow -- you've picked some excellent places! The second pic is great for people watching -- you can also walk along the side hallways/railings (shown in the pic, from the height where the pic was taken) for people watching. Also the third pic, if you're walking on the ground (shown in the pic), there are places on the left where you can take an escalator down to the Halls -- next to the top of the escalators, there's a view where you can see the whole Hall(s) from above. But sometimes the staff don't let you stand there, probably because the space is kinda small for masses of people.
  15. My Annual "Where to Eat for Otakon" Videos

    Hey, thanks for the latest video! Lol at the showering section in the video! Just standing in those lines outside in the heat (and all the sweat that goes with it), can make a person want to shower again.
×