Pre-Registration Opens Monday

5 hours ago, Clutch said:

I keep getting a message "payment failed" when trying to submit it. Tried 2 separate browsers at least 4 times each. Guessing the $70 rate is gone, but it won't display the $75 rate. Disappointing.

I've been getting that with the exception that It showed how many $70 badges were left. Then, it declined my first credit card (which I know that there's more than enough funds on it), then I went for another. Still rejected my next card. Then the next one. Then I had a notification that the badge was no longer around. 

I got the "Sold Out" of the $70 after I made a refresh, so I tried the $75 instead. Still rejecting my cards. :(

I just got home and tried, and it worked no problem. Maybe because they already had my info? Didn't get the cheaper membership, but $5 ain't gonna break the bank (though with the holidays coming up...).

It's nice to get free shipping for badges. I paid / opted for mailing since the option became available. (Don't know how many of us were stuck in this debacle in... 2014(?)

Funny grognard story, to lighten the mood. My original Otakon ID is under 2000. (It worked the last time I tried it.) One year in Baltimore when they still did on-site only, I handed my printout to the person behind the booth and she said "I don't think I've ever seen an ID number that low before." To use the quote "You made a happy man fell very old." :blush:

In most cases declines come from address mismatches with what the card issuer has on file. In particular, Amex is a real stickler for everything matching exactly.  Although a similar thing can happen if you are using a disposable card/gift card, and you haven't registered an address with it. 

On 11/20/2023 at 5:50 PM, Revan said:

(Don't know how many of us were stuck in this debacle in... 2014(?)

I remember that. I think the Otakon 2013 shirt I have came from that. I think staff was passing out old Otakon shirts to people they were turning away, if I remember it correctly.

Am I correct that the free shipping this year was default? For some reason I think last year's free shipping was an option to add-on.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:32 AM, MattTheMinion said:

In most cases declines come from address mismatches with what the card issuer has on file. In particular, Amex is a real stickler for everything matching exactly.  Although a similar thing can happen if you are using a disposable card/gift card, and you haven't registered an address with it. 

Funny thing about addresses. When you go to get certain documents renewed, they want to see 2 forms of ID. If the names are different (middle name, middle initial, etc.), they will reject the renewal. Go to the local government office to update one of the IDs and they say "Oh, looks like the Post Office changed the city name on your address." Depending in which database you look, the town name is one or the other. The Zip Code is 5 digits or 9 digits. Really annoying. I tried all combinations, but none of them worked. Not sure how you can reach someone to just get the information they have removed all together.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:30 PM, Daniel Perales said:

I've been getting that with the exception that It showed how many $70 badges were left. Then, it declined my first credit card (which I know that there's more than enough funds on it), then I went for another. Still rejected my next card. Then the next one. Then I had a notification that the badge was no longer around. 

I got the "Sold Out" of the $70 after I made a refresh, so I tried the $75 instead. Still rejecting my cards. :(

Did someone else register you before? I was wondering if I was being blocked because someone else added me when they registered in the past. My credit card is not from a regular bank, which made me wonder if they only accept the big name cards.

Edited by Clutch

@Daniel Perales - Thought about this yesterday. Assuming you did the same thing I did and moved the little slide which says shipping and billing addresses are the same. Try filling in both separately and see if that lets it push through. Am going on the assumption that filling in the 2nd one manually overrides any saved information.

Someone else registered me in the mean time, so I haven't been able to try this myself.

Edited by Clutch