Guest Requests for Otakon 2024

With 2023's Otakon in the books, why not we go ahead and get the ball rolling on who may have for next year?

Here are some of the people that I would like to see be invited for Otakon 2024:

Dub Actors

Jamie Marchi

Monica Rial

Bryce Papenbrook

Kyle McCarley

Kira Buckland

Cherami Leigh

Justin Briner

Chris Sabat

Luci Christian

Brittney Karbowski

Xander Mobus

Chris Hackney

Seiyu

Yoshisugu Matsuoka

Yoko Hikasa

Jun Fukuyama

Sally Amaki

J-Pop/Rock Bands

Eir Aoi

Coldrain

Man with a Mission

Time to make my requests that will never happen but I can pray for:

Buronson (Yoshiyuki Okamura)

Tetsuo Hara (would be amazing to have him and Buronson together!!)

Akira Kamiya

Nobutoshi Canna (Nobutoshi Hayashi)

Or honestly any of the hokuto no ken VAs would be great! I know Otakon had Shin's VA not too long ago (2022 was it?) and I would love to welcome him back too!

For English guests:

Khoi Dao

Steve Blum (always a lot of fun!)

Justin Cook (such a chill person, please bring him back!)

I posted these other places but I only have a couple suggestions:

Ray Chase, Max Mittelman, and Robbie Daymond, jointly of live stage show Loud, Annoying, and Very Annoying (L.A.V.A.). They were very fun to watch at Otakon in 2018 and come with an all-ages show and an 18+ show. 

MOS, a very cool all-female neo brass band who have a repertoire including anime and video game arrangements. 

https://youtu.be/1L6kXN_UoLo?t=665
Now as seen on America's Got Talent: https://youtu.be/zlqZv4ZKY7I

Finally, T.M.Revolution seems to come around on the round numbered Otakons (Otakon 10 and Otakon 20), so it is probably time for him to make another appearance at Otakon 30. 

I have a postcard I'm trying to complete of the English Cowboy Bebop cast and the only two I'm missing, and am requesting, are Melissa Fahn, and Skip Stellrecht. 🙏

I think it would be pretty cool to bring back some guests from the first few years of Otakon. Not sure how many are still active in the industry or con scene, but it would be a nice throwback. And maybe industry guests from anime that debuted or was super popular in '94.

9 hours ago, TomDent said:

I think it would be pretty cool to bring back some guests from the first few years of Otakon. Not sure how many are still active in the industry or con scene, but it would be a nice throwback. And maybe industry guests from anime that debuted or was super popular in '94.

They will have to break out the Bean Bandit, Lum, and Ranma standees again, and set up the Dealer's Closet.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daniel Perales said:

There's only a few of us (probably less than a handful), left who were there at the time. :)

I would have to look, but don't think I took any pictures that year. If I did, they were on film and I was not very good with the camera.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here lately I've been listening to a lot of Yuki Kajiura's work. It would be awesome to have her come to Otakon, maybe doing a concert with See-Saw or something with FictionJunction. Or even just as a guest for a panel or something.

• 1 month later...

Zeno Robinson, Ricco Fajardo, Stephen Fu, Molly Searcy, Dani Chambers, Daman Mills, Alejandro Saab, Max Mittelman, Allegra Clark, Robbie Daymond, and Ray Chase

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love to see Cyyu this year frfr. But also:

Jonah Scott 

Max Mittilemen 

Ben Balmaceda 

Nazzeh Tarsha

Makoto Furukawa 

Matthew Mercer 

Ben Schwartz 

And for J-Pop/Rock bands:

Asian Kung-fu Generation 

Unison Square Garden

One Ok Rock

I know this is impossible but a girl can dream but : EVE

Joe Inoue

Jin(the Kagerou Project guy, not k-pop guy, would like LESS KPOP THIS YEAR in general, not a fan of it and the business behind it)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am once again requesting the youtuber BlazingAzureCrow (whose name is Logan) as he is the maker of Bleach Abridged, Fate Stay Night UBW Abridged, and has done voices for almost every other abridged series on youtube itself in some capacity, he runs Nat19 which is a DnD show and numerous other things. He has shown interest also attending as a guest but hasn't been asked thus far.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if I could request Jackie Lastra! She voices Fuuko in Undead Unluck, a shonen anime currently airing, as well as A-set from AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES, Xiangling from Genshin Impact, and Serena from Pokémon Masters! She's currently planning cons for the year, so if you could consider this request, that would be awesome!!

Please invite

Patrick Pedraza from Genshin Impact

Zach Aguilar from Genshin Impact/ Demon Slayer

Jessie James Grelle from Attack on Titan

Bryce Papenbrook from Attack on Titan

Trina Marie Nishimura from Attack on Titan

Daman Mills from Honkai Starrail and Genshin Impact

Cheryl Texiera from Honkai Starrail

Rachael Chau from Honkai Starrail

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Literally any Japanese VA from the IDOLiSH7 franchise: 

KENN

Atsushi Abe 

Kensho Ono

Tsubasa Yonaga

Yusuke Shirai

Toshiki Masuda

Takuya Eguchi

Sōichirō Hoshi

etc. 

I would love to see more IDOLiSH 7 attendees come to Otakon. Last years screening of Beyond the Period at anyc was so much fun and IDOLiSH7 only continues to gain popularity! It was even recently featured on an international episode of NHK news in a segment called 'Male Idol Anime Special.' Also, some of the Japanese VA's KENN and Atsushi Abe attended ANYC last year and the expressed interest in coming back and bringing other members of the idolish7 team with them, so basically I'm just rooting to invite them to any US con lol 

Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

And now for my (semi)annual guests requests!

My dream guests would be the 5 original 90s Sailor Moon seiyuu (seeing Mitsuishi Kotono and Tomizawa Michie in character aka Usagi/Sailor Moon and Rei/Sailor Mars having a tongue war saying iconic lines would be HILARIOUS)
, Do As Infinity as a musical guest (my first Jpop love), Megumi Hayashibara, of whom could DOUBLE as a musical guest AND a seiyuu guest, Kikuko Inoue's return to Otakon since her last visit to my knowledge back in 2009 (I learned she was there too late and I missed her... I wasn't happy... lol)... Inoue-san is going to Animazement in May in Raleigh, NC..., among many others, but those are my top requests.

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly suggest reaching out to underground idols in Tokyo as guests of honor for the idolspace and idol-adjacent events at Otakon. I met several during my recent trip to Japan and I think having one or two or more as guests would make for some amazing additions.

My favorite JPop idol and personal acquaintance, Haruka Akagi, @akagiharuka on Twitter/X has been doing underground idol activities in Tokyo for over a decade and has recently expressed interest in having events and meeting fans overseas.

Other underground idols worth reaching out to would be Nao+ (naonaonao0531 on Twitter/X), Aino Kana (@AinoKana), Kato Ikumi (@kato_ikumi) and Marimo Fujioka (@marimo_fujioka). All absolutely wonderful people who I feel the Otakon idol community would welcome with open arms!

As for guest requests other than underground idols, any of the Japanese seiyuu in Revue Starlight or Love Live would be a dream. Some names of interest -

Momoyo Koyama

Suzuko Mimori

Haruki Iwata

Teru Ikuta

Ayasa Ito

Maho Tomita

Aina Aiba

Moeka Koizumi

Hinata Sato

Anju Inami

Rikako Aida

Saito Shuka

Aika Kobayashi

Ai Furihata

Kanako Takatsuki

Aina Suzuki

Nanaka Suwa

Arisa Komiya

Thank you so much for your time!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm new to all the requesting guests thing but I'm happy i learned bout it! 
some dub VA's I'd like to see are 
Todd Haberkorn
Zach Aguilar 
Keith Silverstein 
Max Mittleman 
Chris Sabat 

Khoi Dao and thats bout it for me lol it'd be a dream come true to meet these folks 

I would love to see some rising male seiyuu talent!! Particularly:

Kouhei Amasaki (Ensemble Stars, Idolmaster SideM, Hypnosis Mic, Fire Emblem Engage, Re:Zero, My Hero Academia)

Kentaro Kumagai (Delicious in Dungeon, Idolmaster SideM, God of High School)

Takuma Nagatsuka (My Hero Academia, Idolmaster SideM, Pokémon)

Takeo Otsuka (Oshi no Ko, Idolmaster SideM, Apothecary Diaries, Beastars)

Thank you for your consideration!!

• 3 weeks later...

Please PLEASE some more mangaka representation. 

Kamome Shirahama - Author of Witch Hat Atelier, announced she was going to the Toronto Comic Art Festival this May, so she seems open to going to cons!! PLEASE ask. 

Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga author, went to Comic con last year and a bunch of Canadian cons. PLEASE ASK. 

Makoto Ojiro - Author of Insomniacs Afterschool, not sure if she would come but you could ask!!!

Akiko Higashimura - Author of Princess Jellyfish and plenty of other wonderful manga! 

Shuzo Oshimi - Author of Blood on the Tracks and many other fantastic horror-esq series!

Raiku Makoto - Author of Zatch Bell & continuing series Zatch Bell 2!

Moue Takamasa - Author of Akane Banashi!

Takatsu Makoto - Author of Season of Alabaster!

Kuze Ran - Author of Medaka Kuroiwa Is Impervious to My Charms! 

Miki Bukimi - author of SHY!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm requesting this as soon as I saw the news.  

This maybe a LOOOONG shot but.... any chance we can request YOASOBI to come perform for us at Otakon this year?? 
They just announced an east coast tour for August 6th and August 8th meaning that the Otakon dates are clear for them to attend. :'D  

I will pray with every fiber of my being if there's a chance they can come.  

thank you and good day!